Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Optimistically speaking, our fancy golf carts will likely be right next to each other on the assembly line. 😄
Yup! Though Looks like your PNW location vs out east in DC for me might mean you get it a week or two sooner!
Ordered 7/4 and currently showing 8/31- 10/5.

I’d take a mid to later audits as well please!:)
Nice! Looks like mid June orders are getting there VINs so in we should get our VINs in 2-3 weeks.

DM sent. ;)

I ordered the corded 14-50 mobile one (when it was in stock - not preferred), but now the one I had originally wanted is in stock.

View attachment 833191

^ The one listed as corded is all one piece I take it? ie...adapter part is not removable? I don't really want this one.

View attachment 833192

Bummer the bundle is OOS, but I guess I could just buy the 14-50 adapter on the side.

The 5-15 one is in stock.

It's interesting how both option's are the same price at $200.

Do you guys think the bundle with both adapters will ever come back in stock in the near future?
DM sent. Yes, it’s weird that the 5-15 solo and 5-15+14-50 adapter Mobile connector is same price (Savings of $45 right there!). I think you’re new cars for Q3 should still come with the 5-15 Mobile Connector at the least…As you all start taking delivery - you should post about it on your graduation posts from this thread if you so please.

I know everyone will be asking each other - Confirm: Matrix Headlights and Mobile Connector…and J1772 adapter. We did the same in Q2. Yes, your M3Ps should all come with those three things, and floor mats, since the “premium interior” is included in the Performance trim. It’s gonna be an exciting Q3 delivery season. Enjoy those Fremont-Fresh cars!

For y’all who’ve received theirs, how well did the dealer detail these cars? Got my clay bar, ceramic spray and wax ready to go just in case.
Dealer detail was mediocre at best. I had an appointment to drop off my car at the Wrap/Tint shop 3 days after I picked it up. Day 2, I couldn’t take it any longer and washed it myself - even though the Wrap/Tint shop was going to wash it, clay it, and paint correct it before applying PPF.

BTW: Va Beach - grew up in the Kempsville/Indian River Rd area. Dad was Navy enlisted and Retired MCPO. I’m retired Navy, too. Cheers!

Dealer detail was mediocre at best. I had an appointment to drop off my car at the Wrap/Tint shop 3 days after I picked it up. Day 2, I couldn’t take it any longer and washed it myself - even though the Wrap/Tint shop was going to wash it, clay it, and paint correct it before applying PPF.

BTW: Va Beach - grew up in the Kempsville/Indian River Rd area. Dad was Navy enlisted and Retired MCPO. I’m retired Navy, too. Cheers!
Nice. Thank you for your service! 🫡🤙

Reactions: julit0
OD:6/12.
Vin received today in eastcoast Virginia.
EDD:8/10-8/13.
Wondering if anyone got started on the “make final payment” tab before seeing vehicle. Didn’t know if that would slow the process if I just waited to see the car before paying any money. Any advice?
I would check with your SA or search the forums for how other VA residents handled it. TX laws are weird and I had to show full payment in advance of delivery day. Did the Ach in the app about a week before. Also had a certified check from my bank that I was planning to bring to delivery. Due to TX laws, I actually had to mail in the check ahead of time. Not sure how that would have worked if I rejected the car but thankfully everything was great.

Also took delivery today! My brother almost convinced me to reject delivery over one issue we had, there were some paint defects we will get fixed but the one thing we noticed was a slight misalignment/possible warp of either the right rear door or the right rear quarter panel. Very hard to notice, but didn’t believe it was worth rejecting delivery for so I accepted. Here are pics of it below! Let me know if you guys would have rejected delivery over it. Overall I’m really happy with the build, it’s not as perfect as the 2022 M3P i took delivery of in December 2021, but it’s pretty darn great! Sorry forgot to take pictures of the actual car😭

0FC97766-11A6-471C-9F90-50AB0D8FC200.jpeg

F5FBDAB3-5003-4DC3-AE49-8A0190965C30.jpeg

Also took delivery today! My brother almost convinced me to reject delivery over one issue we had, there were some paint defects we will get fixed but the one thing we noticed was a slight misalignment/possible warp of either the right rear door or the right rear quarter panel. Very hard to notice, but didn’t believe it was worth rejecting delivery for so I accepted. Here are pics of it below! Let me know if you guys would have rejected delivery over it. Overall I’m really happy with the build, it’s not as perfect as the 2022 M3P i took delivery of in December 2021, but it’s pretty darn great! Sorry forgot to take pictures of the actual car😭

View attachment 833262
View attachment 833263
Congratulations as well!! Is the SC going to fix the door issue? From the pictures, it seems as if that would be something that’d annoy me but wouldn’t make me reject the car if it was going to get fixed.

Reactions: HarpoonS
If the left rear quarter panel to door is noticeably different from the right side, it should be easy to explain the problem and what you expect. I’m assuming that Tesla has contracts with paint and body shops to fix such problems. The door probably wasn’t aligned properly during assembly.

Congratulations as well!! Is the SC going to fix the door issue? From the pictures, it seems as if that would be something that’d annoy me but wouldn’t make me reject the car if it was going to get fixed.
Not sure yet! I have to make the service request. We just are unsure if it’s an alignment issue or a warping of the metal. We couldn’t really open the door without accepting delivery unfortunately so I decided to just trust Tesla to make it right without hitting me with a “it’s within spec” statement. I will update all of you soon when I hear back. I have to do an even more thorough inspection tomorrow but otherwise everything seems aligned well and smooth! Matrix lights too so no worries there.

If the left rear quarter panel to door is noticeably different from the right side, it should be easy to explain the problem and what you expect. I’m assuming that Tesla has contracts with paint and body shops to fix such problems. The door probably wasn’t aligned properly during assembly.
Yes I’m thinking it is noticeable so we will try to justify it being fixed that way, just unsure if it’s possible given that the trim and line are all straight. My bet is an issue with the door, praying it’s not an issue with the quarter panel given how hard it is to work with. Either way, it won’t bother me in the slightest since it’s more than good enough for me!

Reactions: julit0
Yes I’m thinking it is noticeable so we will try to justify it being fixed that way, just unsure if it’s possible given that the trim and line are all straight. My bet is an issue with the door, praying it’s not an issue with the quarter panel given how hard it is to work with. Either way, it won’t bother me in the slightest since it’s more than good enough for me!

Congrats! How exciting. Tough call, but I think you did what 99.9% of us here would have done too in just accepting it, bypassing the within spec speech, and dealing with it afterwards to have SC address it.

What was your OD and location again?

Reactions: julit0 and HarpoonS

View attachment 833262
View attachment 833263
Oof. I have my first service schedule to fix the rear bumper sticking out a tad on the driver side. Definitely not as bad as this.

Also, some sticky residue on the hood paint. I was able to clean it with rainx bug and tar remover. Used a checklist while I was inspecting the car (this is definitely a must).

Congrats! How exciting. Tough call, but I think you did what 99.9% of us here would have done too in just accepting it, bypassing the within spec speech, and dealing with it afterwards to have SC address it.

What was your OD and location again?
i appreciate that thank you! I just thought you know, the next one might be the same or worse since you never know what you’re getting from Tesla! Plus I’d get an expired loan with likely increases in interest rates/potential cancellation of my order with increased price/ and just an overall longer wait for potentially more of the same 😂

OD 6/16 White/Black in SoCal (SFV), VIN on 7/25 and delivery 7/26. Built one week ago on 7/18

Reactions: julit0 and unlock
i appreciate that thank you! I just thought you know, the next one might be the same or worse since you never know what you’re getting from Tesla! Plus I’d get an expired loan with likely increases in interest rates/potential cancellation of my order with increased price/ and just an overall longer wait for potentially more of the same 😂

OD 6/16 White/Black in SoCal (SFV), VIN on 7/25 and delivery 7/26. Built one week ago on 7/18
Very true and great points. Your scenario of OD to VIN in 39 days gives me (us here with a similar OD range) a lot of hope!

That'd put me, @jackb22, etc.... At August 5th for hopefully a VIN in a perfect world. :D

Very true and great points. Your scenario of OD to VIN in 39 days gives me (us here with a similar OD range) a lot of hope!

That'd put me, @jackb22, etc.... At August 5th for hopefully a VIN in a perfect world. :D
Soon!! I hope we all cruisin out of this thread😭 This was my third but shortest wait, the first was extremely long and second was also long

Reactions: julit0 and unlock