Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart move, I hate the one here in Charlotte. My last car looked like they cleaned it with brillo pads and sandpaper when I got it, and the girl was out there wiping cars waiting for delivery with a dry rag.
Yeah Charlotte tried to not even mention this gouge in the wheel and tire when I picked up my last M3P a year ago. Granted, it was from existing inventory and it had 1,500 miles on it, but to not even mention that? I made the drive to pick it up from Raleigh and that was the only issue with the car, so I accepted and drove home with the advisor leaving a note in the system. Techs in Raleigh replaced wheel and tire a few days later.

On another note, the mobile techs in Raleigh are awesome.

Attachments

• B2111264-BD7E-48CB-A69F-A222C296DC83.jpeg
    B2111264-BD7E-48CB-A69F-A222C296DC83.jpeg
    423.7 KB · Views: 78
Yeah Charlotte tried to not even mention this gouge in the wheel and tire when I picked up my last M3P a year ago. Granted, it was from existing inventory and it had 1,500 miles on it, but to not even mention that? I made the drive to pick it up from Raleigh and that was the only issue with the car, so I accepted and drove home with the advisor leaving a note in the system. Techs in Raleigh replaced wheel and tire a few days later.

On another note, the mobile techs in Raleigh are awesome.

The craziness of the Raleigh SC will probably be of benefit too. I got to inspect inside and out of my car the day before delivery and I was actually sitting INSIDE of the car when I accepted delivery (unlike all of the YT vids showing folks accepting delivery before getting in the car). It was a very chaotic scene, though. The blonde that sits next to the window was pretty busy so she did her best to rush me out of there.

Another plus, if you're using NavyFed, is that she's familiar with the process. I brought in a draft from them, she filled it in, and I signed the back - payment process took under 3 minutes.

You're a patient man. I'd have had another Supra by now, if I were you!

In case that sounded a bit tempting - I've had two of the new Supras, both 6-cyl, and they've both gotten WELL over 30mpg on the highway. I bought my first one ~170 miles away, and got 38mpg on the trip back, which included racing a sport bike. They're fantastic cars, honestly, but the sound system is not good at all. Handling is great, more than quick enough, etc.
I definitely do not have the warm fuzzy feeling and the occasional reoccurring semi has gone the way of the Buffalo. I fear the M3P and I were not meant to be.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
Smart move, I hate the one here in Charlotte. My last car looked like they cleaned it with brillo pads and sandpaper when I got it, and the girl was out there wiping cars waiting for delivery with a dry rag.
My SA didn’t even help me during pick up. Some guy gave me two papers to sign and then handed me the key cards and walked off. I had no clue how to do anything. I sat there for an hr teaching myself the car.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
I definitely do not have the warm fuzzy feeling and the occasional reoccurring semi has gone the way of the Buffalo. I fear the M3P and I were not meant to be.
Sad, but I definitely understand! Unfortunately, it's a fantastic car hampered by a company who can't be bothered to focus on customer service at all. I've noticed you posting a lot less than you used to, so I could tell that you'd lost that loving feeling, as they say. :)

I honestly go back-and-forth quite a bit on it myself. I want the M3P, and thankfully, my experience in the ordering process has been good - but I'm also not entirely sure I want to support the current Tesla.

I can tell you, if there's anything wrong enough with the car for me to reject it next week, I don't think I'll give them a second chance. That said, I'm sure it will be just fine.

Sad, but I definitely understand! Unfortunately, it's a fantastic car hampered by a company who can't be bothered to focus on customer service at all. I've noticed you posting a lot less than you used to, so I could tell that you'd lost that loving feeling, as they say. :)

I honestly go back-and-forth quite a bit on it myself. I want the M3P, and thankfully, my experience in the ordering process has been good - but I'm also not entirely sure I want to support the current Tesla.

I can tell you, if there's anything wrong enough with the car for me to reject it next week, I don't think I'll give them a second chance. That said, I'm sure it will be just fine.
I hope it works out in your favor. I’m riding this horse out. Who knows maybe I set a new record and get a vin in 2024 😂

I had my loan check processed and sent out via FedEx today. Can't take delivery without them getting full payment. I don't anticipate rejecting the car and am hopeful the sooner payment is received in full I can get the car before 8/8.
Interesting. I asked my SA via text to confirm I can bring the certified checks with me on the day of delivery, and was told yes.

Kind of a car guy too. Didn't think I would ever warm up to the idea of owning an EV. But now I need another commuter to get me through hopefully the last 5 to 7 years of my working career. Especially with what's been going on with gas prices. Model 3 seemed to strike a good balance all things considered. And I can't commute in a GT3 Touring or get one/afford one right now for that matter. So this car is supposed to get me to that next car.
Feel like coming from a manual ICE car, the one pedal driving has given me the closest thing to engine braking with a downshift. Not quite as engaging but still way better then a full auto ICE car for spirited driving.

Reactions: Brou and unlock
Feel like coming from a manual ICE car, the one pedal driving has given me the closest thing to engine braking with a downshift. Not quite as engaging but still way better then a full auto ICE car for spirited driving.
Have you driven anything with a DSG/DCT, or one of the newer ZF 8-speed autos? They downshift quite aggressively... I've had them in the Trackhawk, and a couple of BMWs now (including the new Supra), and that 8-speed auto is absolutely fantastic. Downshift engine braking is just as aggressive as a manual transmission, and it will do it just as aggressively as I would with a manual if you're in full-auto mode, in whatever sport mode the car has. As for a DSG/DCT, drive something with a proper transmission like the M2 Competition and you would not be left wanting.

Just throwing it out there. :)

Compared to those 'full auto ICE cars', the M3P is downright boring to drive, unless you're accelerating.

I decided before I even ordered my car that I wouldn't buy another Tesla. For me the M3P is a temporary placeholder until other automakers can catch up a bit. I'm an Audi fanboy so I can't wait to see what the A6 e-tron will offer in a couple of years. By then, the Ioniq 6-N, EV6-GT, possibly an S5 e-tron, and others will be coming on line.

The current Tesla line up can't compete with the EVs that are "coming soon." They can't compete with pricing, especially with the tax credit, it can't compete with service, definitely not with build quality, or even range, since Tesla generally over promises and under delivers on those range estimates.

Until then though, it's fun to silently go fast and spend $6 to filler-er-up so I'll just enjoy what I have until those upcoming performance EVs are selling for at or under MSRP.
The Audi A6 e-tron is absolutely stunning and is, design wise, in that price category probably my favorite EV.

We as the consumers are in the winning seat with all the great options to look forward to.
The Tesla doesn't have it because it would cost more and we're driving the "cheap" Tesla. Autopilot is cool on the highway but it won't do much for you when you're driving down a 4 lane city street and change lanes. Granted, it's OUR job to ensure our blindspots are clear but let's not pretend like Tesla's tech negates the usefulness of some of the missing features. I buy at least one car every 18 months and this is the first one I've had without blindspot monitoring since 2013. The first was a near-base model 2013 Nissan Altima - I think my $65k Tesla should at least have comparable driver safety tech to that 10-year old $22k Altima.

If Tesla starts believing these excuses they will inadvertently make themselves the new Saturn/Pontiac of U.S. automakers.
Man you should coin that phrase. It's perfect. The Saturn/Pontiac one. I about fell out of my seat. 🤣

But it's true, it's not beneath Tesla to fall victim to the polar opposite of their success now and into meme status, if they continue in the path of offering $30K worth of features for the price of a $70K car.
With you 100% on this, I said the same with my last Tesla. The next few years are going to be sad (as awesome gas engines go away, the end of an era), but also extremely exciting.
100%
I’m with you. This is my last Tesla other than a plaid if they get cheap when used a few years from now.

Other manufacturers are going to make amazing cars I can count on.
Can't wait!

I think given the circumstances with the chip shortages, massive mark ups on the existing non-tesla EVs currently out now etc... It's the perfect time to experience owning a Tesla at the tail end of its peak, before things change here in a few years.

I'm very excited for my M3P and am looking forward to enjoying that ownership journey. I'll just pre-cool the interior, pretend that it has cooled seats, HUD, retracting roof shade, build quality like a Genesis/Mercedes/Audi, and other features in the meantime and let the 0-60 pulls distract me from thinking of those things lol.

Last edited: