Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a very impatient person 😆 so today I canceled my order and bought a used M3P blue/black with full FSD for $68K, 5500 miles on it. So happy now!
u know the rules…gotta post up pix
New here and ordered on 7/19 for SoCal delivery! EDD is 9/4-10/9.

I also ordered the mobile charger because of the announcement that they are no longer provided automatically. I’m seeing that some people are getting cars delivered with them. Should I cancel that order and wait to see what comes with my car?
No; if anything you have two. One for home, one to keep in the vehicle

u know the rules…gotta post up pix

20254946.jpg

Greetings everyone!

I placed an order for a M3P last week on 8/3 and have a EDD of 11/7-12/19. What is the current trend on those dates? Are they expected to be delayed a time or two or actually arrive more quickly?

I was speaking to a couple of local MYP owners that recently received their cars, and they said their cars actually arrived much earlier than expected. The front desk folks at the local (Knoxville, TN) service center/gallery also said that there wasn't as much demand for performance models, so they were arriving more quickly.

I looked back in this thread for a trend, but couldn't find anything solid without turning it into an involved research project. :)

Thanks!

Reactions: Slushy
Greetings everyone!

I placed an order for a M3P last week on 8/3 and have a EDD of 11/7-12/19. What is the current trend on those dates? Are they expected to be delayed a time or two or actually arrive more quickly?

I was speaking to a couple of local MYP owners that recently received their cars, and they said their cars actually arrived much earlier than expected. The front desk folks at the local (Knoxville, TN) service center/gallery also said that there wasn't as much demand for performance models, so they were arriving more quickly.

I looked back in this thread for a trend, but couldn't find anything solid without turning it into an involved research project. :)

Thanks!
I ordered 7/25. I’ve been looking at the durations of members getting deliveries about now, and the current general trend seems to be 45ish days to VIN and 60-70ish to delivery. There’s so much variability it’s hard to rely on that, but who knows, maybe it will hold.

Reactions: Slushy
Greetings everyone!

Thanks!

Agree with roadtrip. 60-70 days from OD to delivery. East coast has a higher time needed for delivery due to transportation.

Right now, early to mid june folks are getting their cars in the midwest and east coast.

California folks seems to be timing related. California folks who ordered in say early or possibly even mid Aug will likely be prime targets of EOQ deliveries by Sep 30. So, those lucky folks will get their quicker i bet.

Greetings everyone!

Thanks!
I am coming up to 8 weeks. EDD has changed twice now. Current is Aug 20-Sept 17. I have seen people order after me and now have their 2 week window, VIN and some have even taken delivery. So I have no idea how it works :confused: Location may play a part

I am coming up to 8 weeks. EDD has changed twice now. Current is Aug 20-Sept 17. I have seen people order after me and now have their 2 week window, VIN and some have even taken delivery. So I have no idea how it works :confused: Location may play a part
There's a random love and attachment that Tesla has with the East coast which is why some people from there with later ODs are getting it that fast.

Just like what we saw at the ending of Q2 late August and into September should be golden for faster production. I would say hang tight because you're just going up the roller coaster.

My weekly update.

I'm at day 64 with an estimated delivery date Jun-Aug.

Waiting not so patiently, in city of the Texas Gigafactory. Too bad they don't make the Model 3 here, might have a better chance of getting it sooner.
Or maybe they'd push yours to EOQ like they seem to do for a lot of CA deliveries? Paradoxically, you might get it sooner this way. Or maybe you would have gotten it at the end of last quarter, who knows....

It's kind of shocking that you don't have any dates yet, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: unlock
New here and ordered on 7/19 for SoCal delivery! EDD is 9/4-10/9.

I also ordered the mobile charger because of the announcement that they are no longer provided automatically. I’m seeing that some people are getting cars delivered with them. Should I cancel that order and wait to see what comes with my car?
I ordered a Mobile Charger w/ 5-15 and 14-50 adapters back on my 5/1 order date. It just arrived (the Mobile Connector) this weekend (8/6). So the August shipment was true to promise based on the May order. My car (delivered 6/17) did come with one, but only the 5-15 adapter. Holding the extra one for now. Two of my buddies have their own MYs on order, so I may sell it to them. If not - there's always the marketplace.

Add: I did have to keep checking Tesla.com to get a separate 14-50 plug adapter, but got that, too - so basically two of the same kit - but one only cost me $45.