Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't order a M3LR until 2023. Woah. The model 3P orders are going to get jammed up now.

1660334074195.png

Something I noticed yesterday at the funeral service. When I opened the truck i saw the left side strut has a boot covering the shock. The right side shock is exposed. Is that normal? I can take a photo of that helps explain better
Normal. Each side serves a different purpose and therefore different hardware. The left side is the actuator. The right side is just a gas strut.

Fourth update to EDD is here! Down to a 13 day window from 14 days! Though start day shifted back 1 day… For those curious, my order journey has been as follows:

OD: 06/27
Color: White/White
Region: Washington DC

EDDs:
1. Jun 28: Aug 26 - Sep 30
2. Jul 30: Aug 21 - Sep 17
3. Aug 05: Aug 25 - Sep 08
4. Aug 12: Aug 26 - Sep 08

Pretty standard automatic system generated EDD updates (imo)
Same config and OD as me. I'm still stuck on your ~2nd EDD, which I received on the 5th of July. I've been trying to figure out a pattern here with the dates between the west and east coast orders.
Came off my 2 week hold that was placed on my account. Immediately got a new 2 week window which is nice. 8/26-9/7. The agent had said I may have had to start my wait all over again, so it’s nice to see that isn’t true. I’ll update my sig later today.
That could have been mine! jk jk ... Every time I see a white/white config the thought always pops up. So it looks like even coming off of your 2 week hold, when you went back into the queue it lined you right up with @Slushy above, despite the spread in the OD. Interesting...
You can't order a M3LR until 2023. Woah. The model 3P orders are going to get jammed up now.

View attachment 840216
Wow... I think you're right. This shall be interesting. Between the 2023 for the LR and the tax incentive stuff, hmmmm....

Quick question on how the purchase process works:

I paid the $250 order fee and have an EDD. I’m planning to pay in full with a cashier’s check. Can I just take that in when the car arrives or is there some point where they’ll want a down payment or similar? If so, can you use a cashier’s check for that? I’m not a fan of giving anyone access to my financial accounts to pull the funds, which is why I ask.

Thanks

Quick question on how the purchase process works:

I paid the $250 order fee and have an EDD. I’m planning to pay in full with a cashier’s check. Can I just take that in when the car arrives or is there some point where they’ll want a down payment or similar? If so, can you use a cashier’s check for that? I’m not a fan of giving anyone access to my financial accounts to pull the funds, which is why I ask.

Thanks
If you have it set to cash you can show up with the cashiers check and pay them. They don’t really care as long as you pay the full balance owed in some form or fashion.

Just got a VIN and my 1st non 4 week EDD of 8/28 - 9/3 - OD of 7/8 for Blue/Black
Congrats! That was fast. It appears that the west coast is sitting at around 2+ months, as someone on this side just took delivery with an OD of a month before yours. Perhaps the color helps somewhat with priority?

Enjoy!
Your OD's pretty close to mine. I'm not sure if that says anything about when I might get a VIN/delivery though, considering they seem to ship them to the eastern US earlier in the quarter.

Congrats on the VIN!
I think we're close! I've been trying not to refresh frequently, rather down to about 2-3 times a day. :D
Thanks! - it appears it should be a new one - the vin is: 331XXX. Here's hoping you'll get your VIN here soon!
Thanks for the west coast support!

Wonder if this is like Elon was saying with too many orders he would stop production or maybe just maybe he is retooling this trim to meet the EV tax credit incentive??? 🤔
The most interesting one i heard was sell a dual motor with the front engine disabled. This would push the LR under the price required for the rebate. Then offer to turn the front motor on for 10k option.

agreed, especially when my trade-in value was $48,000 when it expired in the app on 8/4; i sent my SA my 2 trade-ins and she said she would talk to the trade-in team
once again would be
The most interesting one i heard was sell a dual motor with the front engine disabled. This would push the LR under the price required for the rebate. Then offer to turn the front motor on for 10k option.
seems silly as most people can’t drop 10k on a software unlock lol

Reactions: Flatbroke