Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa, woke up this morning and EDD jumped way up to 9/18-9/29 from 10/13 - 11/16

How about you @DentonFreeman?

OD: 8/8.
Fort Lauderdale, MSM/black.

What's the significance of the "two-week window" anyway? I see some people still having their dates moved around after getting a 2-week.
No change on my end - possibly because I’m blue/black and that doesn’t seem to be a super popular color combo (somewhat why I picked blue is I don’t see a ton of blue Model 3’s, but that’s anecdotal).

Hoping I see some movement this week!

Whoa, woke up this morning and EDD jumped way up to 9/18-9/29 from 10/13 - 11/16

What's the significance of the "two-week window" anyway? I see some people still having their dates moved around after getting a 2-week.
Honestly I don't think there is any significance in the two week window. I have had four of them and one 11 day window. I think Tesla does it to keep you interested in the process. To give you a warm fuzzy feeling that your vehicle delivery is getting close. The only real significant action is when you get your VIN. But what do I know? I have only been lurking here for 81 days waiting for my car :D

First time poster but lurked for a while. This forum has been super helpful for me so wanted to post my experience in hopes it might be informative to others still waiting on delivery.

M3P MSM/Black
OOD - 7/3
EDD - July-Sept 2022 (this did not change the entire time up until the last minute, see below)
ADD - took delivery on 9/3

Like a few others, I never got a 2 week window and had no updates to my dates the entire time as it just sat at July-Sept. I had done all the things, set financing to Cash. Then on 8/31 I got a text that my VIN had been assigned. 15 minutes after this text, I got a second text to setup delivery. I then log into the app and it says Aug 31 - Sept 4 and I have my VIN. I get a third text about delivery and I now have only 2 dates available, Sept 2 and Sept 3. Joy and panic set in at the same time. No 2 week window. No your car is on it's way via transport. Just silence for 2 months then, hey, your car is in Austin and you have one of 2 days to pick it up!

I then start the mad scramble to get financing as that was my plan all along so I switch to this. Arrange a loan with my credit union (who was awesome by the way), get an appt to sell my current car (ended up going with Carmax as they had the best price). The main challenge was the financing as part of the loan required the MVPA be updated from cash to show the bank as financing. I got a couple of texts along the way but it seemed random on when they would answer/respond to a text and when it would just be silence. I finally called and got ahold of someone and this was far more productive. They made sure I had everything in place, updated my MVPA on the spot so I could send it to the bank etc .

I also get an email the day before asking to send confirmation of ACH from the bank once they sent it. Once I got this from my bank, I sent it to them and they said it was all set and I am good to go for delivery! Woo hoo!

Then later I get a text that says to complete financing to take delivery so I respond back saying I already emailed someone this confirmation of ACH payment and send a screen shot. They responded (a few hours later) and say they don't see payment in the system so now panic starts to creep in again given this the day before. I call my bank 3 times and they confirm they sent it so I then try and call Tesla instead of the text route.

While on hold for 20 minutes waiting for someone to pick-up to confirm financing, I get a local from the local Tesla location confirming my appt for the next day. They check and say everything is good to go including financing. A sense of calm returns.

The day of delivery everything went as smooth as can be and the car was perfect. I used the checklist I found on this site and no flaws at all and didn't even talk to anyone. First time I hit the accelerator my head hit the back of the head rest....it was all worth it.

First time poster but lurked for a while. This forum has been super helpful for me so wanted to post my experience in hopes it might be informative to others still waiting on delivery.

M3P MSM/Black
OOD - 7/3
EDD - July-Sept 2022 (this did not change the entire time up until the last minute, see below)
ADD - took delivery on 9/3

Like a few others, I never got a 2 week window and had no updates to my dates the entire time as it just sat at July-Sept. I had done all the things, set financing to Cash. Then on 8/31 I got a text that my VIN had been assigned. 15 minutes after this text, I got a second text to setup delivery. I then log into the app and it says Aug 31 - Sept 4 and I have my VIN. I get a third text about delivery and I now have only 2 dates available, Sept 2 and Sept 3. Joy and panic set in at the same time. No 2 week window. No your car is on it's way via transport. Just silence for 2 months then, hey, your car is in Austin and you have one of 2 days to pick it up!

I then start the mad scramble to get financing as that was my plan all along so I switch to this. Arrange a loan with my credit union (who was awesome by the way), get an appt to sell my current car (ended up going with Carmax as they had the best price). The main challenge was the financing as part of the loan required the MVPA be updated from cash to show the bank as financing. I got a couple of texts along the way but it seemed random on when they would answer/respond to a text and when it would just be silence. I finally called and got ahold of someone and this was far more productive. They made sure I had everything in place, updated my MVPA on the spot so I could send it to the bank etc .

I also get an email the day before asking to send confirmation of ACH from the bank once they sent it. Once I got this from my bank, I sent it to them and they said it was all set and I am good to go for delivery! Woo hoo!

Then later I get a text that says to complete financing to take delivery so I respond back saying I already emailed someone this confirmation of ACH payment and send a screen shot. They responded (a few hours later) and say they don't see payment in the system so now panic starts to creep in again given this the day before. I call my bank 3 times and they confirm they sent it so I then try and call Tesla instead of the text route.

While on hold for 20 minutes waiting for someone to pick-up to confirm financing, I get a local from the local Tesla location confirming my appt for the next day. They check and say everything is good to go including financing. A sense of calm returns.

The day of delivery everything went as smooth as can be and the car was perfect. I used the checklist I found on this site and no flaws at all and didn't even talk to anyone. First time I hit the accelerator my head hit the back of the head rest....it was all worth it.
Glad you got your car! Same config ordered about a week after me (my OD was 6/27). There’s no making sense of Tesla… congrats!

Last edited:

I know I need to be patient, I know it, but it’s just something I’ve never been good at.

Congrats to you! We have the same order date, so I’m hoping I won’t be too far behind you!

Honestly I don't think there is any significance in the two week window. I have had four of them and one 11 day window. I think Tesla does it to keep you interested in the process. To give you a warm fuzzy feeling that your vehicle delivery is getting close. The only real significant action is when you get your VIN. But what do I know? I have only been lurking here for 81 days waiting for my car :D
I agree with you about the 2 week windows

Saw 3 trailer loads of what I think were used vehicles headed toward interstate 5 yesterday afternoon. Looked like the handles were chrome is why I think they were used and Tesla doesn’t make Y here. Idk some may be new. Since they don’t allow lease purchase anymore they are making money on resale according to SA. Hope you all get your vehicles soon. They are moving a lot of trailers. I see it daily.
B030C0F9-9D58-4DC7-99C0-96E3F0D4ECBE.jpeg
877CC74C-CD04-45AB-AC77-8F4E82313C61.jpeg

I know I’m on the wrong thread, but I feel more comfortable/welcome in the Model 3 group. You guys rock! Way more help over here. 😁

So, we switched to the MYP (white/white + tow) on Sep 1. We just got our VIN assigned 15 minutes ago. We’re kind of stunned. Would someone be willing to tell me which part of my VIN is important for identifying when my Tesla was built? I know it’s after the F, but not sure how many numbers after that mean anything since I’ve seen people post different parts of the VIN. Thank you to anyone willing to help out.

I‘ll post anything helpful over in the Y waiting room later.

I know I’m on the wrong thread, but I feel more comfortable/welcome in the Model 3 group. You guys rock! Way more help over here. 😁

So, we switched to the MYP (white/white + tow) on Sep 1. We just got our VIN assigned 15 minutes ago. We’re kind of stunned. Would someone be willing to tell me which part of my VIN is important for identifying when my Tesla was built? I know it’s after the F, but not sure how many numbers after that mean anything since I’ve seen people post different parts of the VIN. Thank you to anyone willing to help out.

I‘ll post anything helpful over in the Y waiting room later.
I figured it out. 😳

Reactions: julit0 and nharwood