Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brutal day yesterday (I felt sick on pickup day of all days, of course) so I didn't get a chance to post my graduation so here it is.

The pickup process was seamless, we arrived on time and the reps unlocked the car for us to inspect inside/out before making the final payment/accepting delivery. The car itself is (mainly) flawless. The panel gaps are not that bad at all (in line with all other cars I saw in the lot with mine). No misalignment issues of any kind and the paint looked perfect (to my non-car detailer eye). Since I felt sick I didn't even do the full "checklist" and wanted to get home as soon as possible. After we inspected everything we paid, accepted delivery, and signed one document and got the keys. I am not sure how car dealerships still exist when this process took literally 5 minutes tops. The only negatives I have are: the car wasn't fully detailed, you would expect a 70K car wouldn't have water spots (from what I assume was transport on a truck driving through rain). The rims and wheels were dirty, like actually with a layer dirt and grime and stuff which is not a huge deal but honestly I expected them to be mint since the car had 5 miles on it. Also with the white seats, as I have seen posted a ton of times online, there was a few spots where it was dirty like an employees dirty hand was doing something and left a few marks (these were wiped up 99% with interior cleaner and baby wipes) but the back seats under the seatbelt has a few lines where it looks like the black plastic from the seatbelt lock were left in there to melt against the seats in the sun or something which has only like 40% come off after hardcore wiping it down. The black stains under the seatbelts are not a big deal as the seatbelts are covering them a majority of the time but that is still kinda sad to see. Other than these few minor nitpicks the car is beyond perfect, the interior is mint and no rattles, weird sounds, or things that feel not secured or wobbly (I went around messing with all the interior parts as my old car would flap like a duck when you pressed anything, but these are rock solid). Overall I am 9.75/10 satisfied with the process and the car.

It's going in for tint, ppf, ceramic on Monday and I will update again. They seem to have really stepped up their QC especially in the interior (compared to all the posts I have read in the past).

This thing is ****ing FAST. I barely half floored it from like 20-50 and my girlfriends stomach took a SpaceX rocket to the trunk and did a 360 before returning her soul to her body. You will NOT regret getting this car and I doubt the smile will ever go away from my face.
Congrats @Haste! Enjoy your new ride!

If you ever feel like the smile is starting to fade, a good trick to bring it back is to go for a drive in a regular ICE car. I took my Mazda3 out for a drive and a wash today, and it felt so sluggish that I thought something was wrong at first. Then I remembered that being pushed into the seat wasn't part of my typical driving experience until getting the M3P. "I'm pushing the pedal, why isn't it accelerating? .. oh, I guess it is, the speedo's climbing..." I'd never even felt dissatisfied with the Mazda in any way, but now a short drive in it really makes me appreciate the power and responsiveness of the M3P so much more. Feels like a spaceship 😂

Brutal day yesterday (I felt sick on pickup day of all days, of course) so I didn't get a chance to post my graduation so here it is.

The pickup process was seamless, we arrived on time and the reps unlocked the car for us to inspect inside/out before making the final payment/accepting delivery. The car itself is (mainly) flawless. The panel gaps are not that bad at all (in line with all other cars I saw in the lot with mine). No misalignment issues of any kind and the paint looked perfect (to my non-car detailer eye). Since I felt sick I didn't even do the full "checklist" and wanted to get home as soon as possible. After we inspected everything we paid, accepted delivery, and signed one document and got the keys. I am not sure how car dealerships still exist when this process took literally 5 minutes tops. The only negatives I have are: the car wasn't fully detailed, you would expect a 70K car wouldn't have water spots (from what I assume was transport on a truck driving through rain). The rims and wheels were dirty, like actually with a layer dirt and grime and stuff which is not a huge deal but honestly I expected them to be mint since the car had 5 miles on it. Also with the white seats, as I have seen posted a ton of times online, there was a few spots where it was dirty like an employees dirty hand was doing something and left a few marks (these were wiped up 99% with interior cleaner and baby wipes) but the back seats under the seatbelt has a few lines where it looks like the black plastic from the seatbelt lock were left in there to melt against the seats in the sun or something which has only like 40% come off after hardcore wiping it down. The black stains under the seatbelts are not a big deal as the seatbelts are covering them a majority of the time but that is still kinda sad to see. Other than these few minor nitpicks the car is beyond perfect, the interior is mint and no rattles, weird sounds, or things that feel not secured or wobbly (I went around messing with all the interior parts as my old car would flap like a duck when you pressed anything, but these are rock solid). Overall I am 9.75/10 satisfied with the process and the car.

It's going in for tint, ppf, ceramic on Monday and I will update again. They seem to have really stepped up their QC especially in the interior (compared to all the posts I have read in the past).

This thing is ****ing FAST. I barely half floored it from like 20-50 and my girlfriends stomach took a SpaceX rocket to the trunk and did a 360 before returning her soul to her body. You will NOT regret getting this car and I doubt the smile will ever go away from my face.
Congrats! Mine just left the factory and in transient! I'm really excited!
EDD now 11/08-11/19
So I scheduled a delivery date but the earliest I could get was the 17th. Do you guys think I could call and get it earlier? I'm not sure if the car Is here or not, but it was shipped a couple days ago.

Kept reloading obsessively over the weekend, no change.

Must be the white seats lol
I feel like I'm so close, but I'm also so tired of waiting. So, I'm with you on obsessively checking for a scheduled delivery
My journey started on September 2021 when I ordered a BMW i4 that I ended up canceling due to the never-ending waiting time and uncertainty. I placed my order for my M3P almost precisely one year after, and even though the waiting period has been lightning-fast compared to the BMW experience, I feel like at this point I'm negative on my patience tank.

I feel like I'm so close, but I'm also so tired of waiting. So, I'm with you on obsessively checking for a scheduled delivery
My journey started on September 2021 when I ordered a BMW i4 that I ended up canceling due to the never-ending waiting time and uncertainty. I placed my order for my M3P almost precisely one year after, and even though the waiting period has been lightning-fast compared to the BMW experience, I feel like at this point I'm negative on my patience tank.
We are In the same boat. Literally was waiting for an m50 for about 11 months and it was painful. I'll miss not having that car, but glad I'm getting a m3p. Tesla has a better foundation for now and thier eco system is very good.

Just got a VIN, it’s a 2023. Del 11/22-11/29.
Florida
Congrats. I noticed a previous post was about tire prices. I needed an all season tire for my wife’s M3P we purchased in June. We replaced the tires with Toyo in early October and we’re pleased with the quality and drivability. They are hard to find since they’re a popular replacement. I will keep the stock tires on my M3P that will be delivered. Just can’t drive in snow or below 32 temps without risk of sliding off road.

TOYO TIREPROXES SPORT A/S235 /35 R20 92Y XL BSW

Attachments

• C72EEFCC-3734-45B8-8DEA-63892359CDEF.jpeg
    C72EEFCC-3734-45B8-8DEA-63892359CDEF.jpeg
    539.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

What color combo are you waiting on?