Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Performance. Blue. White interior - no Enhanced AP - no 'self Drive' -

Selling my 2006 911 - time to come into the 21st century all the way I guess.

Placed the order about an hour ago - I will need to turn all the net nanny stuff - speed limits, crash prevention - I've gone long enough driving myself - but I AM gonna leave it in Sport mode though. My 911 only does 4.5 second 0-60 times when its warm and I'm pressing it - sub 3.5 will definitely rock my world.
I'm on Model 3 Performance #2, after many years of BMW M-series.

Leave the 'nanny' stuff on, it will save your ass. You're not giving up any performance or handling by enabling the safety features. A lot of it is automatic, regardless.

Welcome to the future!

There is a lot to enjoy about the car. Just be super careful with the wheels as they are very easy to curb, even worse than the stock aero wheels on the LR.

Given the current price for the M3P, it makes for a pretty good value on a bang for the buck basis. I do think the the long range is a better option for most people but will curious to see how the price finally ends up with the massive price drop.

One thing that is sort of frustrating with the M3P is how much it lays down (in acceleration) shortly after 60 mph. Tesla really focused on the 0-60 which is impressive. After that it is good, but not OMG good. That is one of the reasons I didn't buy one as it was really a "numbers" car where it looked great on paper but after driving it for a while I ended up agreeing with some of the magazines that the LR was a better option.

Now if Tesla would get with the program and make the M3P with acceleration that pulled at least as good as the S from about 40 mph and up, couple it with wheels/tires that are curb rash magnets, truly better breaks and suspension, through in ventilated seats, it would make my ideal daily driver.

Hard to beat almost any version of the 3 with the new pricing. I hope they'll come out with something like an M3 Plaid. I'd sell my S and 3 in a heartbeat if they make something as I mentioned. Well, as long as they don't slap a yoke on it and remove the stalks. BTW, they really need to put back the parking sensors while they are at it.

Enjoy your new car when you get it. Hope you have time to get the charging setup before you get the car if you don't already.

You may not realize this, but every Tesla comes with Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC) and Lane Keeping (LK), whether you want it or not. You don't have to use them.

The car won't stop for stoplights or stop signs, although, if there's a car in front of you that's stopping, the Tesla will stop, too.

On highways it works Really Well, especially if you're in stop-and-go traffic. I mean, you're not going to be doing the Grand Prix on an interstate with other cars on it, but this just removes the stress of Not Running Into the Idiot Doing a Panic Stop In Front of One. (Yes, and the car can react to that likely faster than you can. Been there, done that, and watched the pick-up truck three cars back not get the memo, swerve, and side-swipe the car in front of him as well as the Jersey Barrier to the left. This was admittedly back in RADAR days, but, still.)

Hitting the turn signal when on LK kills LK, then one double-hits the shift lever to get back on LK.

Adding EAP (which one can rent for a month) adds NoA, where the car will turn off onto exit ramps and, if it's going from one interstate to another, navigate the whole way, doing its wobbly teenager act. But the car will also go from one lane to another on its own when commanded by the turn-signal lever. That might not sound like much, but it has its eyeballs fixed firmly on ye blind spots and won't go into them when there's a car there or there's one approaching rapidly. It can get fooled, but it takes work to do so. Again, not wildly useful on local roads, but for long trips, outstanding.

Have fun, and welcome to the future!

thanks for the responses guys! I have an F150 also with all the bells and whistles and it warns of a crash almost every time I drive it - its rather annoying. After doing Bondurant decades ago I think I know how to drive and avoid collisions - looking forward to routine 4 second runs to 60 when I need it -
On Teslas, you can adjust those sensitivities. The auto-braking can literally save you from a collision, it did for me.

Tesla says it does, but it's not listed on IRS website and I believe credits go by VIN that IRS lists. It could be a mistake on IRS website....I don't know

"Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 10-Jan-2023"

Back then the M3P was above the $55,000 threads hold.

Last edited:

So collectively, how confident are we that the M3P will be added to the IRS list? Bc I snagged an inventory "Biden Build" (white/black) and it would be even sweeter if I end up getting it for $47.5k!

Ah....yeah I see that. Well with Model Y getting split into SUV and sedan categories, you never know what's coming from government

You may not realize this, but every Tesla comes with Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC) and Lane Keeping (LK), whether you want it or not. You don't have to use them.

The car won't stop for stoplights or stop signs, although, if there's a car in front of you that's stopping, the Tesla will stop, too.

On highways it works Really Well, especially if you're in stop-and-go traffic. I mean, you're not going to be doing the Grand Prix on an interstate with other cars on it, but this just removes the stress of Not Running Into the Idiot Doing a Panic Stop In Front of One. (Yes, and the car can react to that likely faster than you can. Been there, done that, and watched the pick-up truck three cars back not get the memo, swerve, and side-swipe the car in front of him as well as the Jersey Barrier to the left. This was admittedly back in RADAR days, but, still.)

Hitting the turn signal when on LK kills LK, then one double-hits the shift lever to get back on LK.

Adding EAP (which one can rent for a month) adds NoA, where the car will turn off onto exit ramps and, if it's going from one interstate to another, navigate the whole way, doing its wobbly teenager act. But the car will also go from one lane to another on its own when commanded by the turn-signal lever. That might not sound like much, but it has its eyeballs fixed firmly on ye blind spots and won't go into them when there's a car there or there's one approaching rapidly. It can get fooled, but it takes work to do so. Again, not wildly useful on local roads, but for long trips, outstanding.

Have fun, and welcome to the future!
Hi - thanks - yeah - wife has had an S since 2017 - plus I've skimmed the owners manual - so I am aware - I will not likely use any of the truly advanced features to prevent collisions since I am fairly aware of whats going on around me when driving. Im prob more concerned with diverted attention due to the screen than anything else - my 911 tells me time and temp so there are not any real distractions - my F150 is prob halfway between my 911 and the new Tesla in terms of tech. . . .

Tesla reactivated my previously cancelled (not on hold) order from before the new year when they cut the prices. It was above the 55k tax credit max so I found a midnight silver in inventory and take delivery tomorrow! Ordered a Model Y 7 seater as well for the wife.