Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3P (Blue on black) on January 13th, at 7:05 am CST. Est. Delivery is January 28-Feb 11.

There used to be a thread here where you could find out information based on the RN. Is that not the case anymore? Are M3P still all shipping from China (aka, is mine already on a boat)? Or is it waiting to be assembled in Fremont, CA?

Gonna go to Tesla tomorrow for a test drive and ask them about M3P tax credit. This makes zero sense whatsoever. M3P is not on the list, MYP is on the list but Telsa doesn't want to install 2 extra seats for it to actually qualify for under 80k tax credit, and it doesn't qualify for under 55k because it's $56k lol. It's just too much nonsense......

Gonna go to Tesla tomorrow for a test drive and ask them about M3P tax credit. This makes zero sense whatsoever. M3P is not on the list, MYP is on the list but Telsa doesn't want to install 2 extra seats for it to actually qualify for under 80k tax credit, and it doesn't qualify for under 55k because it's $56k lol. It's just too much nonsense......
MYLR qualifies. I got AB, it's very fast. I needed 3rd row seat for kids or I may have got P. But LR also has more comfortable suspension and wheels so I'm happy.

I don't think the people working at a Tesla store will have any insight on tax credits. They'll just tell you what's on tesla.com

genuinely curious to know what peoples rational is on ordering vs selecting one through inventory. Unlike other manufacturers (cough Porsche) where there is a 10 page build option list and 5 million different ordering combinations Tesla only has two options... paint and interior color. When I ordered my 3 this week there was at least 10 vehicles in existing inventory and I just picked my color combo. As far as I can tell spending hours going through the various forums and Google there is no change with the 3 performance ordered today vs one incoming. There seems to be talk about an update in Q3/Q4 2023 but no changes to the vehicle as of today.

genuinely curious to know what peoples rational is on ordering vs selecting one through inventory. Unlike other manufacturers (cough Porsche) where there is a 10 page build option list and 5 million different ordering combinations Tesla only has two options... paint and interior color. When I ordered my 3 this week there was at least 10 vehicles in existing inventory and I just picked my color combo. As far as I can tell spending hours going through the various forums and Google there is no change with the 3 performance ordered today vs one incoming. There seems to be talk about an update in Q3/Q4 2023 but no changes to the vehicle as of today.
As far as I can tell from online resources, every single M3P available in the US currently is optioned above the $55K cap federal tax credit cap. Basically, the models with much lower demand. Any models above $55K certainly won't qualify for the tax credit. People are ordering what they want that is under the $55K limit.

As far as I can tell from online resources, every single M3P available in the US currently is optioned above the $55K cap federal tax credit cap. Basically, the models with much lower demand. Any models above $55K certainly won't qualify for the tax credit. People are ordering what they want that is under the $55K limit.
He seems to be Canadian so not sure what the incentives are if any in Canada. I did option the car under 55k to take advantage of the incentives as probably most US based people

I am curious how many people that spec'ed their cars under the $55k mark are getting their VIN's. Seems black and red paint push it over. I would think Tesla would have their eye on those as they want to sell as many cars as possible before things change.

Also if the battery requirements change seems we will be getting half the rebates if I understand correctly.

Last edited:
Just got my vin today! So that’s 5 days from order to vin with EDD of January 21 - 28 Now just waiting to schedule delivery. That’s way faster than the 3 months it took me buying the “MY” 2 years ago.
Ordered MSM with a white interior (!) on 1/14, had the VIN 24 hours later, and are picking it up tomorrow. It felt like an eternity when we ordered our 2019 SR+, but looking back that was only a 1-month process.

Reactions: Axeman
He seems to be Canadian so not sure what the incentives are if any in Canada. I did option the car under 55k to take advantage of the incentives as probably most US based people

I am curious how many people that spec'ed their cars under the $55k mark are getting their VIN's. Seems black and red paint push it over. I would think Tesla would have their eye on those as they want to sell as many cars as possible before things change.

Also if the battery requirements change seems we will be getting half the rebates if I understand correctly.
Yes in Canada. No incentive/tax rebate in place for the 3 performance

hey guys, pulled the trigger on a new SM model 3 performance with the lower price. In my tesla app delivery is showing feb 10 - march 10. For the 7.5k tax credit is march 10 considered too late ? or no real hard date for when the tax credit starts dropping down. thanks all!

I don't think the people working at a Tesla store will have any insight on tax credits. They'll just tell you what's on tesla.com
They don't really know anything thats not on the website. And they refer to the website for everything - its like they're brain dead zombies who just regurgitate everything they know - but then - well - it is the car business at some level.

Reactions: Doug_D
hey guys, pulled the trigger on a new SM model 3 performance with the lower price. In my tesla app delivery is showing feb 10 - march 10. For the 7.5k tax credit is march 10 considered too late ? or no real hard date for when the tax credit starts dropping down. thanks all!
The cut off date is the date of publication of the regulations by the IRS. . . you will need to be paying attention to that - but most M3P are priced above the limit - you get $1000 to add to the price of the base vehicle - so its any paint color except red, or, the white interior - but not both.

Reactions: Doug_D