Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI - There is growing pressure on the Treasury Dept to implement the domestic battery production restrictions as a requirement for EV credits, Machin is introducing a bill to halt EV credits until the guidelines are implemented - rather than keep the less restrictive credits going past March:

Congress is famously slow, but something worth keeping an eye on for those that have a March delivery date.

I'd say most of those others have multiple vehicles and use the right tool fro the right job. Not every tool needs. to do every job. I don't need a truck for the one time a year I could use one. I just rent it for a day or even a couple hours. I take my wife's car on roadtrips, which gets about 32.5 MPG on those road trips which is comparable to supercharger fees but more convent. Most EV driver don't need fast charging often. It is just regurgitated propaganda and fans who can't believe their need could be served in another manner.

I sold our second ICE vehicle, a BMW SUV, because I much prefer being in a Tesla, even for road trips. Autopilot and lack of clutter is way more useful than avoiding superchargers, which I honestly don't mind at all.

Maybe you and others prefer to use an ICE vehicle on road trips, thats fine. This site is filled with thousands of people who enjoy their Tesla and prefer to use it on road trips even if they could use an ICE vehicle instead.

Drove 3 hours at 5am today to trade in our BMW SUV for a second Tesla. So happy with this performance model! I have acceleration boost on our Y long range so thought this would be just a tiny bit faster. Its not, its wayyyy faster. Pulls crazy hard off the line and up to 80mph. The low end is supercar worthy.

I ordered an inventory car the evening of the price cuts, and I called to try and move delivery up a number of times. So glad I get to drive this and my wife gets her boxy MY. Cars are so much more fun to drive than taller boring SUVs.

To all of you waiting for your M3P, its super worth it!

IMG-20230125-WA0006.jpeg

Drove 3 hours at 5am today to trade in our BMW SUV for a second Tesla. So happy with this performance model! I have acceleration boost on our Y long range so thought this would be just a tiny bit faster. Its not, its wayyyy faster. Pulls crazy hard off the line and up to 80mph. The low end is supercar worthy.

I ordered an inventory car the evening of the price cuts, and I called to try and move delivery up a number of times. So glad I get to drive this and my wife gets her boxy MY. Cars are so much more fun to drive than taller boring SUVs.

To all of you waiting for your M3P, its super worth it!

View attachment 899757
congrats. My car should look just like yours. Can't wait (Ι am also getting rid of our BMW SUV)

Reactions: MacO512
FYI - There is growing pressure on the Treasury Dept to implement the domestic battery production restrictions as a requirement for EV credits, Machin is introducing a bill to halt EV credits until the guidelines are implemented - rather than keep the less restrictive credits going past March:

Congress is famously slow, but something worth keeping an eye on for those that have a March delivery date.
well if they somehow pass it. and they do retroactively we will get a surprise next year when trying to claim the Fed rebate.

congrats. My car should look just like yours. Can't wait (Ι am also getting rid of our BMW SUV)

Thanks! Yes we already have a white Y so had to get a different color. Only color options were Grey or Blue with no other options to stay under tax credit limit. I'd be happy with either and sometimes after my order found myself wishing I had picked Blue. Now thats its here I love this color.

I always hated the idea of these 20" wheels as well as their looks. Its actually starting to grow on me though so maybe I will keep them. They just need a much wider tire, 235 on a 9" rim is too stretched.

Reactions: nickg_6
:) I ordered a white M3P with black interior on 1/19. I have received no updates. Still says "Est. Delivery Jan-Feb 2023". If you go to the website to order one for my zip code it also still says "Est. Delivery Jan-Feb 2023". That can't be correct.
I think this is the like default. Mine said that and then it changed to Feb 9 - March 9th. I was like WTH this is going the wrong direction :)
Make sure you complete all your steps that are available in the tesla app. Just to be safe.

I think this is the like default. Mine said that and then it changed to Feb 9 - March 9th. I was like WTH this is going the wrong direction :)
Make sure you complete all your steps that are available in the tesla app. Just to be safe.
Yea, I did all the steps I could write away. It is a race against the IRS and Joe Manchin before we miss out on this tax credit.

Reactions: nickg_6
Yea, I did all the steps I could write away. It is a race against the IRS and Joe Manchin before we miss out on this tax credit.
if he gets his way he wants to apply it retroactively from Jan 1st. The transportation Dpt will do the rule clarification and then the IRS will adjust as needed.

I am hoping that people in the north east will get VIN's and delivery dates grouped together (bunch of VIN's grouped together and a Bunch of delivery dates grouped together). But this thing is a guessing game.

I feel for those waiting for the VIN and delivery date. I was super anxious as well. I ordered mine on the 13th and at some point the estimated delivery date was 1/16 - 1/27, then a few days later they pushed out the end of the range to 2/3.

I woke up yesterday , 1/24 @ 07:00, to a text that my VIN as assigned and then 2hrs later @ 09:04 with a text to schedule delivery. So it was wait wait wait and then VIN, delivery date pretty much at once.

So i'm picking mine up on 1/31.