Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hypothetical: I pick up my M3P during the day when it’s 45 degrees. I go to a hockey game. The game is done at 8pm. It’ll be in the low 30s or upper 20s by then. Dry roads, no precip. Am I good to drive it home 60 miles? Am I overthinking this?

Edit: my concern is the summer tires.

You will be fine. Only when the snow comes, but if you even drive slow you will be fine.

Reactions: MrRJDio
I wonder if I can do a power of attorney to have my buddy pick up my tesla since I will be out of town on my delivery date and they won't hold the vehicle for me. Problem is he won't have tesla insurance for the vehicle. I'm trying to figure out what I can do.
Not sure on your case, but when I picked up mine from the Fremont Factory as Directly Delivery - there were no one -
a “people-less” delivery. Everything were e-signed on the phone. Pair the key card to the phone and off I go.

Not that it is proper thing to do, but in my case I picked up the car without seeing anyone. Maybe that’s the way out for you? Give your pickup person your phone and he’ll be you?

My car delivered last Thursday (3/16) and I only drove it 7 miles and left it for a matte PPF and tint to be installed. It was still calibrating autopilot...only 15 miles on the odometer when I dropped it off.
Tomorrow afternoon I will FINALLY have my car (exactly 8 weeks since ordering)! Good news is they left off the chrome Tesla emblems so I can install black ones. Also, in less than two weeks I will have the matte carbon fiber dash/door panels to get rid of the wood. OMG, I hope I can sleep tonight.
Nice man! I drove mine similar distance to get PPF installed and some idiot weaving in and out of traffic cut it close and kicked rocks on the paint. Got a decent chip on the hood.
I’m getting full front PPF, Xpel window tint, and Exoshield on the windshield.

Reactions: hobertg
Took delivery today. 45 days from order. Went through the whole checklist and the only thing I found was the underside of carbon spoiler had a chipped/cracked spot about 1/2”. They noted it and will send a tech to replace. Panel alignment was perfect all over. Had 80% charge. Interior was very nice. No issues noted. Car could use a wash but it wasn’t overly dirty . Interior needs to be wiped down but very happy. Oh and it absolutely hauls a$$! 😂

Attachments

• 3696A30D-2318-4414-8CD6-7E4360D7A5A6.jpeg
    3696A30D-2318-4414-8CD6-7E4360D7A5A6.jpeg
    682 KB · Views: 96
  • 10C2317B-4236-4764-A9AC-936C26D2238B.jpeg
    10C2317B-4236-4764-A9AC-936C26D2238B.jpeg
    755.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 036A826A-A50A-4AD0-B942-3E5DD8A803F7.jpeg
    036A826A-A50A-4AD0-B942-3E5DD8A803F7.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 72
March 6 ordered--- Midnight Silver Metallic Paint---MA state

first estimation-Mar 2023
updated to - Mar 26- Mar 31

Customer service says- VIN not assigned and as of now Mar 26- Mar 31 is the date.

what is possibility i will get my car before 31 March? 😂... $7500 matters...
So it’s >possible<.

Get those fingers crossed like the rest of us!

Check “neurotoxin”’s post from yesterday about the hope for East coast folks getting a trainload of wicked fast electric car goodness just barely in time for the end of March!

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

March 6 ordered--- Midnight Silver Metallic Paint---MA state

first estimation-Mar 2023
updated to - Mar 26- Mar 31

Customer service says- VIN not assigned and as of now Mar 26- Mar 31 is the date.

what is possibility i will get my car before 31 March? 😂... $7500 matters...
I’m also in MA, and ordered the same car (msm) just 24 hrs before you! Twins!!!

Hopefully we’ll get in under the wire for the full $7.5k fed $$$. Worth noting that even if we don’t make that deadline, $3.5k fed $$ may still be in play—-AND Massachusetts has a separate $3.5k tax refund too!

MOR-EV | MOR-EV is a statewide program that issues up to $1,500 in rebates for plug-in electric vehicle buyers

OD: 2/11 - M3P msm/black
Denver
Orig EDD: Feb - March
EDD Update on 2/19: March 8-31
VIN on 3/8
EDD update on 3/8: March 21-28
No update since, delivery date yet
Interesting. I ordered on 2/10 White/White. My time line was w tacky like yours, got vin on same day. My delivery however is set for this Saturday(25th) at Broadway location. Have you tried reaching out to the rep that sent you the vin?

Interesting. I ordered on 2/10 White/White. My time line was w tacky like yours, got vin on same day. My delivery however is set for this Saturday(25th) at Broadway location. Have you tried reaching out to the rep that sent you the vin?
I guess I assumed it was just an automated message when I received my VIN. Safe to say my EDD range is wrong given I'm 2 days into it and haven't heard anything...which would mean delivery date will prob push into April. Looking more like I may have to cancel if updated EV tax credit guidance comes out as expected.

You cant pick it up earlier?
Nope they say they don't have confidence yet when it will arrive but they are sure it will arrive before the 27th (my pickup date that i selected but cant meet). I tried calling CS hotline a few days ago, they said it's supposed to arrive on the 25th, but they couldn't tell me a time. I asked if their arrIval dates are usually pretty accurate and she said not all the time. Anytime before the 26th and I will be able to pick up. Looks like they already took my down-payment out of my bank account as well. $15k

2/12 White/Black M3P FL order here, still waiting w/ 3/28-31 delivery window.

So how does one go about getting a human to answer questions at Tesla?

2/11 totaled previous M3LR when lane departure alert/avoidance doesn't do anything while I'm distracted <crickets from Tesla>...actually did get a chat on the app from local service after I made an appointment for the car, however they said HQ would follow up to get data off the car but never did.

3/19 email sent about new order <crickets>
3/21 attempted 2x chat on vehicle order web page, "1 min wait" 10 minutes later I gave up.

So yeah, how do you actually get a human to look into something? Because I'm clearly doing it wrong.

2/11 totaled previous M3LR when lane departure alert/avoidance doesn't do anything while I'm distracted <crickets from Tesla>...actually did get a chat on the app from local service after I made an appointment for the car, however they said HQ would follow up to get data off the car but never did.

3/21 attempted 2x chat on vehicle order web page, "1 min wait" 10 minutes later I gave up.

So yeah, how do you actually get a human to look into something? Because I'm clearly doing it wrong.
service center or dealer in person
Or call Tesla CS and wait ~30mins

Reactions: Kmaya

I called this number to speak with them live the other day...888-518-3752. The wait was roughly 10 mins to get them on the line, and another 10 for them to provide me with the current status of the car.

Reactions: FitzRX7
Nope they say they don't have confidence yet when it will arrive but they are sure it will arrive before the 27th (my pickup date that i selected but cant meet). I tried calling CS hotline a few days ago, they said it's supposed to arrive on the 25th, but they couldn't tell me a time. I asked if their arrIval dates are usually pretty accurate and she said not all the time. Anytime before the 26th and I will be able to pick up. Looks like they already took my down-payment out of my bank account as well. $15k

Damn, I wish i could help you man.

yeah so i originally had the 28th and asked for earlier and was only able to move up one day as the eta is the 26th (like you no specific time of day given). I hope it doesnt end up being all dirty and dusty since i moved to the morning before.

Id try to follow up on the 24th to see if they nail the time down better