Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had update from salary sacrifice company who have been looking at the recent list p[rice reductions and bizarrely, the quotes they've had from the lease companies are now higher than before the reductions. :oops:

At least I'll save a few pennies on BIK. :rolleyes:
Yes, i have also been told this and have checked and it's true. When i asked the lease company stated that it's due to interest rates. The fact is the lease companies (third party) are probably taking the reduction, which as been passed to them by the likes of Lex auto lease and then not passing this onto the customer. I have raised this with my lease company already, who have stated that they are 'checking daily.' The fact is, that another customer on here has been passed on the very reduction from Lex Auto Lease by their third party lease company so we know that they are doing this. Some more reluctant than others i guess.

My wife's M3P dropped by around £30 a month so not much but it was one of the smaller drops of the cars. I suspect though the reason most aren't dropping much is because used prices have dropped a lot which removes a lot of the advantages of the price drop.

I forget what Model Y Performance was before but it's now about £30 more per month than Model 3 Performance. It was definitely a lot more before. She's considering changing order to Model Y Performance. Just not sure on ride comfort so trying one at weekend with her. We only tried a Model Y LR which was fine though Model 3 Performance rode a bit better.

She's got a delivery date of 23rd Feb come through yesterday to our house for M3P.

Reactions: ringi and AJBassMan
I’ve posted elsewhere on the forum that Tesla have confirmed my car is on the Grand Mark and delivery will be around 8th-15th March. FastLaneJB I’m therefore assuming, given your delivery date, that yours is on the MSC Immacolata.

Similar. Ordered a M3P via company car first week November. Got the ‘confirm delivery postcode’ text a few weeks back, nothing since. Delivery to midlands, so I presume a Brum registration.

I suspect we’re all (mostly?) on the Grand Mark for the first couple of weeks of March. I get the feeling that Immacollata is at least predominantly a MY boat.

Not too long now!

So a little update, whilst Tesla stated that they were unable to provide me with my VIN, I have logged into my lease portal today and under vehicle information I can see the full VIN. Tesla has confirmed my car is on the Grand Mark and my VIN indicates it as a 2023 Tesla M3P, therefore it has to be after March 1st delivery. This fits with what Tesla told me that I can expect my car between 8th - 15th March 2023. Mine is being delivered to my house. Hope that helps people with rough dates - I’m midlands based also.

Reactions: thestarkfactor
Tesla has confirmed my car is on the Grand Mark and my VIN indicates it as a 2023 Tesla M3P, therefore it has to be after March 1st delivery.
Not sure I follow the logic regarding the VIN as a 2023 date code just means it was manufactured Dec 2022 onwards. Grand Mark due in Southampton around 16 Feb so your estimated delivery date range seems a little far out but possible.

I’ve posted elsewhere on the forum that Tesla have confirmed my car is on the Grand Mark and delivery will be around 8th-15th March. FastLaneJB I’m therefore assuming, given your delivery date, that yours is on the MSC Immacolata.
Makes sense. Guessing as it's a Lease and personal buyers would probably tell Tesla they don't want a car a few days before plate changes that they move these ones forwards.

Not sure I follow the logic regarding the VIN as a 2023 date code just means it was manufactured Dec 2022 onwards. Grand Mark due in Southampton around 16 Feb so your estimated delivery date range seems a little far out but possible.
Hey MrT3 - this was exactly my question to Tesla customer service not so much the Vin but rather the gap in delivery from ship arrival. Customer service suggested for a 2023 plate, which then got me thinking whether they are going to hold the teslas until that date for the new 2023 plates - time will tell but they stated to me (as I‘m booking a break away) that it will not be delivered before the 8th 👍🏼

Hey MrT3 - this was exactly my question to Tesla customer service not so much the Vin but rather the gap in delivery from ship arrival. Customer service suggested for a 2023 plate, which then got me thinking whether they are going to hold the teslas until that date for the new 2023 plates - time will tell but they stated to me (as I‘m booking a break away) that it will not be delivered before the 8th 👍🏼
There always seems to be a question mark regarding lease cars and the cut over to a new registration period. It does seem that some lease companies delay delivery to get the latest, their thinking being it will have a slightly higher resale value at the end of the lease. If it were a private sale Tesla would have no problem allowing a collection before March if it were possible.

Either way, not long to go :)

Reactions: AJBassMan
There always seems to be a question mark regarding lease cars and the cut over to a new registration period. It does seem that some lease companies delay delivery to get the latest, their thinking being it will have a slightly higher resale value at the end of the lease. If it were a private sale Tesla would have no problem allowing a collection before March if it were possible.

Either way, not long to go :)
I think you’re absolutely right as they will see this in terms of depreciation between the two different year plates, irrespective of the manufacturing date.