Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got delivery date confirmed for 2nd September. So I know this has been mentioned but is it 100% confirmed it will have 72 plate? They won't register it before and affix a 22 plate on? Any confirmation from what happened last time the plates changed start of this year

Just got delivery date confirmed for 2nd September. So I know this has been mentioned but is it 100% confirmed it will have 72 plate? They won't register it before and affix a 22 plate on? Any confirmation from what happened last time the plates changed start of this year
My understanding is car dealers can get batches of numbers plates that they can then allocate to cars on the day...

So Tesla will have a batch of 72 plates a week or so before september, so they can allocate a 72 to the car and let you know it in advanced... But they will only register the car on the DVLA on the day of collection with your details as the registered keeper etc..

This isn't a Tesla thing it's how dealerships and such just generally operate, especially around September as people want new plates.

On that basis it makes sense it would be a 72 plate, and that lines up with what others have said and what Tesla have said...

I'm collecting mine on 2nd September as well, but that is simply because it was the earliest date I was offered...

My understanding is car dealers can get batches of numbers plates that they can then allocate to cars on the day...

So Tesla will have a batch of 72 plates a week or so before september, so they can allocate a 72 to the car and let you know it in advanced... But they will only register the car on the DVLA on the day of collection with your details as the registered keeper etc..

This isn't a Tesla thing it's how dealerships and such just generally operate, especially around September as people want new plates.

On that basis it makes sense it would be a 72 plate, and that lines up with what others have said and what Tesla have said...

I'm collecting mine on 2nd September as well, but that is simply because it was the earliest date I was offered...
Yeah just got this text from Tesla:

"Tesla Update - You will receive a new '72' licence plate for your Model 3 once we have received this from the DVLA. Your new licence plate will be communicated via SMS once it has been allocated."

Same message received this morning. Pickup on 1st September at Staines.

Tesla Update - You will receive a new '72' licence plate for your Model 3 once we have received this from the DVLA. Your new licence plate will be communicated via SMS once it has been allocated.