Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance wheels can you put the 20 inch performance model 3 Uberturbine wheels on a LR Model 3? will they fit ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the stock Aeros with my ‘22 3LR. Picked up the 20” Ubers with Pirellis from a private party. They fit fine. I don’t really notice a ride difference (I’m mostly hwy). I don’t pay attention to my range, so can’t help you with that. I used the same lug nuts. 129 ft lbs (I’ll save you from looking it up). Getting those Aero caps off is a bit tricky. They liked to click back into place when I went to pop a different section off.

I do like the look better with the 20s. A bit lower would be even better.
Is the suspension height noticeably different than the performance model?

All the cure M3s have the same suspension and ride height from what I've seen. They stopped advertising a difference.

There is no way I'd put the heavy @$$ uber wheels on my M3 LR. They weigh a ton. I'd drop the coin for some lightweight aftermarket wheels instead.

Reactions: Kingmasta
I thought about them, and then quickly gave up on the idea once I found out the weight of them. The final straw was back when there were a lot of cars you could test drive, all the demo cars with the Uber wheels had been curbed to hell even with just a few miles on them. I had never seen anything like it on demo cars. I quickly figured out that Tesla really stretches the tires and there is almost no sidewall protecting the rim.

So for my MY, I went with 1" narrower rims, which gave even more protection and never had an issue curbing wheels even in situations where the Uber or stock wheels would have been trashed.

They are heavy!!! I just appreciate the look of them.
If you can get them cheap or you really like them, then go for them. The weight doesn't matter. Review this discussion:

The real thing to be aware of with the Ubers (and really all 20" wheels) is that rim damage is much more likely from potholes due to the smaller sidewall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingmasta
If you can get them cheap or you really like them, then go for them. The weight doesn't matter. Review this discussion:

The real thing to be aware of with the Ubers (and really all 20" wheels) is that rim damage is much more likely from potholes due to the smaller sidewall.
I read that thread differently. Ditching the Ubers resulted in quicker times both 0-60 and in the 1/4.

If you care about .08 seconds faster 0-60 (2%), you should not have bought an LR.
Any normal driver will never notice this. They will notice when they get damaged though.
Why is that? You can care about performance and buy the LR. For the 10k delta, or close to it when I ordered my LR vs the P, I could close a lot of the performance gap with just adding boost for 2k. Other than initial launch (0-30) it is as quick as the P version.

At the time there was better suspension for what I wanted to use the car on for the LR and again, I hated the curb rash aspects of the Ubers. So for me, I got a pretty quick 3, saved a ton of cash, got better ride and better efficiency. The lighter weight wheels can narrow the performance gap even more. Not to mention how much more nimble the car feels dropping all that unsprung weight. Put lightweight wheels on my Y vastly improved the agility of the car. It turned in quicker and felt a lot more responsive.

To go from 3.1 to 3.0 is very significant when you are already going that quick. It gets exponentially harder to shave off time. Anyway I'll still go with the savings for unsprung mass. It is a win/win all the way around assuming structural integrity is not compromised.

I thought about getting 245/35/20 tires for a little more protection but was told that they won’t fit.. not sure that’s accurate though.

I thought about getting 245/35/20 tires for a little more protection but was told that they won’t fit.. not sure that’s accurate though.
245/35/20 will fit for sure, it's specifically a tire size that Tesla sells as part of the track pack.

Reactions: Kingmasta and tm1v2
New subscribe here:

Can you put 20 inch performance model 3 Uberturbine wheels on a LR Model 3? will they fit ?
Is there alignment issues or issues with the sensors?
(I think the computer will also configure diff wheel sizes different wheel sizes)
20 inch being one of the them

I see they sell the 20 inch wheels with the
Snow tires so I assume they would be good for all three model…

I know somebody that has a new set for sale & are at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Al Carrison
Do u have pics?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered and I missed it. I have a 2019 M3 long range with the acceleration boost upgrade and got offered a set of 4 20” Uberturbines off a 2022 Performance for basically free. Will they fit on my pre-refresh M3? Someone told me the spacing is a bit different on the refresh models and I’d need spacers. Don’t know if it’s true or not.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered and I missed it. I have a 2019 M3 long range with the acceleration boost upgrade and got offered a set of 4 20” Uberturbines off a 2022 Performance for basically free. Will they fit on my pre-refresh M3? Someone told me the spacing is a bit different on the refresh models and I’d need spacers. Don’t know if it’s true or not.

It is not true. The spacing issue is performance model 3s can't use 18in because their brakes are bigger. Your LR has no spacing issue.

Reactions: Tylermills79
All 3 M3 wheel/tire options have pretty much the same overall diameter, and the same tire width, so no issue going with stock 19s or 20s on an LR... but you cannot go to stock 18s on the P, as mentioned above. Not sure the brakes are the issue, since they don't look big at all IMO. I think the issue with stock 18s is a lip on the P hubs, for what I read somewhere on this forum. Hopefully somebody can clear that for us.

Finally, both OEM tires for the P have a 92 load now, so there are many A/S options. However, not sure they'd have the noise reduction technology of the OEMs. However, any A/S tire is substantially quieter than summer tires, so even without that, they should be quieter. I'd personally put the Michelin Pilot A/S4s if I end up with a P at the end of the year. But the new Potenza Sport AS should be pretty good too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tylermills79
I think the issue with stock 18s is a lip on the P hubs, for what I read somewhere on this forum. Hopefully somebody can clear that for us.
The issue is the parking brake motor bolted to the rear caliper that protrudes a bit far for most 18" wheels. And I swear it protrudes just a bit further on my '23P compared to my old '19P.

The step lip issue is easily solved by a 3mm spacer.