TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Phone calling

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by evsingh, Dec 31, 2019.

1. evsingh

evsingh Member

Hi Everyone, Today I started getting an issue with my 2 week old M3LR. Every time I unlock or lock the car it is calling the last dialled number.

Many other people are reporting similar behaviour. Has anybody got any fix or work around?

2. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

Ah, yes! I put it down to my crappy old phone! I don't usually have Bluetooth activated because it doesn't work as a key unless the app is fully active and onscreen. However, a couple of days ago I thought I'd give it another go. I assumed I was pocket dialling because it kept redialling my wife. My phone screen is slightly faulty anyway so it was a reasonable assumption.

3. evsingh

evsingh Member

I have removed the phone connection and reconnected. It tried calling fewore times and then stopped

4. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith New Member

I had the same issue yesterday. Rebooting the centre console resolved it for me.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. evsingh

evsingh Member

I had removed and reconnected my phone and it worked

6. DanThor

DanThor Member

Side question to this, how do you call using voice commands? Worked perfect in my focus but can't get the Model 3 to call someone from my phone contacts :confused:

7. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

Not at all.

8. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

Press button and say "phone Katie" ... well that's if you want to phone Katie of course ... What does it not do? (there are several possibilities!) Does it recognise what you say but not find the contact? Or does it not recognise what you are saying at all ... or does it not appear to know you want to make a call?

9. DanThor

DanThor Member

I push the button and the little icon comes up, it listens then ignores me :( It's because I'm Scottish isn't it

10. Jason71

Jason71 Active Member

I pretty sure the car is not deliberately ignoring you just because you are Scottish. it's American after all not English :)
    Someone suggested saying "Carl" as in call in an american accent. Worked Ok for me a couple of updates ago. not tried recently and I am not Scottish but you could give it a go.

• Funny x 1
  11. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

"phone" is more reliably understood in different accents than "call" ... and don't ask someone with a Scottish accent to say "carl" ... that comes out as Carol!

12. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

Not really ... well, maybe ... but the voice recognition has had the hump recently so it seems to be giving all nationalities a hard time! I suggest trying "phone suchabody" rather than "call suchabody" ... but no guarantees!

13. Glan gluaisne

Glan gluaisne Supporting Member

This video seem to apply here:

• Love x 1
  14. tess19

tess19 Member

Just dont use the word "route" as the americans pronounce it differently.

15. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

Well, just to confuse us some of them do and some don't ... some do say "root" like us but some, of course, say "rowt" ... goodness knows how voice recognition works at all!

16. DanThor

DanThor Member

Managed to call the girlfriend last night using voice control, big grin :D.

My 2014 Ford Focus still worked better though.

17. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

It worked 10/10 in Sept/Oct then every time since I've not been able to call anyone successfully using voice.