Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Phone calling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, Today I started getting an issue with my 2 week old M3LR. Every time I unlock or lock the car it is calling the last dialled number.

Many other people are reporting similar behaviour. Has anybody got any fix or work around?

Hi Everyone, Today I started getting an issue with my 2 week old M3LR. Every time I unlock or lock the car it is calling the last dialled number.

Many other people are reporting similar behaviour. Has anybody got any fix or work around?

Ah, yes! I put it down to my crappy old phone! I don't usually have Bluetooth activated because it doesn't work as a key unless the app is fully active and onscreen. However, a couple of days ago I thought I'd give it another go. I assumed I was pocket dialling because it kept redialling my wife. My phone screen is slightly faulty anyway so it was a reasonable assumption.

Side question to this, how do you call using voice commands? Worked perfect in my focus but can't get the Model 3 to call someone from my phone contacts :confused:

Press button and say "phone Katie" ... well that's if you want to phone Katie of course ... What does it not do? (there are several possibilities!) Does it recognise what you say but not find the contact? Or does it not recognise what you are saying at all ... or does it not appear to know you want to make a call?

Press button and say "phone Katie" ... well that's if you want to phone Katie of course ... What does it not do? (there are several possibilities!) Does it recognise what you say but not find the contact? Or does it not recognise what you are saying at all ... or does it not appear to know you want to make a call?

I push the button and the little icon comes up, it listens then ignores me :( It's because I'm Scottish isn't it

I push the button and the little icon comes up, it listens then ignores me :( It's because I'm Scottish isn't it
I pretty sure the car is not deliberately ignoring you just because you are Scottish. it's American after all not English :)
Someone suggested saying "Carl" as in call in an american accent. Worked Ok for me a couple of updates ago. not tried recently and I am not Scottish but you could give it a go.

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger
Someone suggested saying "Carl" as in call in an american accent. Worked Ok for me a couple of updates ago. not tried recently and I am not Scottish but you could give it a go.

"phone" is more reliably understood in different accents than "call" ... and don't ask someone with a Scottish accent to say "carl" ... that comes out as Carol!

Not really ... well, maybe ... but the voice recognition has had the hump recently so it seems to be giving all nationalities a hard time! I suggest trying "phone suchabody" rather than "call suchabody" ... but no guarantees!