Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Phone Charge Cable Swap Thread

mlaw8

Apr 18, 2018
CT
In Chicago northwest suburbs. Have lightning cable to give away in exchange for USB C. Any takers?
I am not in IL but have a USB-C and want a Lightning and am happy to mail it to you if you are willing to mail Lightning back. Let me know.

Thanks

PEKEMOBILE

Jun 17, 2018
Los Angeles
Went to a Tesla Service Center and told them the charging cables were not compatible with my phone. I needed a Micro USB instead. They gave me a Micro USB charger cable at no charge.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I'm starting to wonder if i'm qualified to own this car, because i really can't figure out how to swap the cables out. I understand how they unplug on the non-phone end and then the cables are under the rubber mat, but how do you get the actual phone connector portion out? I'm super scared to break anything :D
I proved my unworthiness in front of the Tesla advisor on delivery day. He then nonchalantly disconnected the plastic piece by sliding it to the left.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC