Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will try this cheap though

Attachments

• D03367F4-AC04-4394-9086-36B6DD750948.jpeg
    D03367F4-AC04-4394-9086-36B6DD750948.jpeg
    450.9 KB · Views: 841
B0CEB8B3-E3F0-405F-894C-A5FEA5B470AB.jpeg 62334BEF-95E7-4A8E-9643-2D7A96064850.jpeg B11322BF-70C7-4973-A1EB-E8BF8ABA7A99.jpeg I have been looking for the perfect non magnetic steady eye level wireless charger for the Model 3. I think I finally have it. It is a combination of two products. The first is the wireless charger with motorized clamping: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H918Z7N/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_awdb_cllxCbNHXS6CN
It is the version with a high output 12v to USB adaptor included. About $50.
The second is the window type mount that allows it to be mounted on the rear of the screen. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QYMDFQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_awdb_tolxCbPWPA4S1
It was $30. They both use the standard Garmin ball mount so they fit together.
All done and looks and works great! Let me know what you think!

Reactions: T-Will
I went through a variety of mounts and this one seems to work best for me.

The phone does not block the center screen, is close enough to glance at, charges wirelessly, and can use in landscape mode with Waze.

fullsizeoutput_2fab.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2faa.jpeg

I used the iOttie provided 12v plug in the rear console to get full power and just pushed the wire under the trim's lip and held in place with some black tape, I did not do a console/trim disassembly to get the wire to the front. (a project for an other day)

I chose the wireless charging version of the mount works well with my iPhone Xs Max

https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Wireless-Samsung-Standard-Enabled/dp/B0754NDNT8/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

The phone does not block the center screen, is close enough to glance at, charges wirelessly, and can use in landscape mode with Waze.

View attachment 382271 View attachment 382272

I used the iOttie provided 12v plug in the rear console to get full power and just pushed the wire under the trim's lip and held in place with some black tape, I did not do a console/trim disassembly to get the wire to the front. (a project for an other day)

I chose the wireless charging version of the mount works well with my iPhone Xs Max

https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Wireless-Samsung-Standard-Enabled/dp/B0754NDNT8/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

It looks like your phone blocks the lower part of the screen. Is that right?

View attachment 382271 View attachment 382272

Hey, that's pretty good, can you shoot over a few pictures of what it looks like without the phone attached, what the mounting position looks like on the back of the touchscreen, and how you routed for power? Thanks, nice job.

With iPhone Xs Max

Eyeline view
View attachment 382618

Typing
View attachment 382619

thanks again for posting those photos. i bought that same one but ended up returning it. the size really bothered me. the model 3 is so sleek and minimal. i thought the mount was distracting.

positives: stable, in hands reach, charges phone at a decent enough rate
negatives: bulky, awkward to remove/place, blocked the lower left part of the model 3 screen

I've been using this setup for a few months now and I love it. Magnetic mounts are the best for everyday use. The mount itself has a very short arm, so it's very stable with no wobble. The best part is the mount itself cost $10. Just search for "Tech Armor Universal Magnetic Car Mount" on Amazon.

View media item 119472View media item 119473View media item 119474(I love being able to access my phone with my hand still on the wheel)

Do note that you'll need a phone case with a magnetic backing. There's a lot to choose from. Do note that a metal plate will interfere with wireless charging. I bought a folio style case where the metal plate flips open so you can still charge wirelessly. Just look for "magnetic wallet case" and find ones where the back flips open.

Last edited:
Reactions: substance12
I've been using this setup for a few months now and I love it. Magnetic mounts are the best for everyday use. The mount itself has a very short arm, so it's very stable with no wobble. The best part is the mount itself cost $10. Just search for "Tech Armor Universal Magnetic Car Mount" on Amazon.
@Lanzer Can you measure the diameter of the swivel part (the round thing, in red below)? I'd like to use for a project in my 3. Thanks
upload_2019-3-19_11-58-5.png