Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 phone/USB media interaction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I've only had my Model 3 for a couple of weeks but I have a niggle in my audio playback. I have a reasonably large USB drive holding most of my preferred MP3 files which I use for audio most of the time. However, I've found that usually when I get back into the car after a few hours, the car decides my phone should be the audio source ("select media on phone") and I have to manually select the USB drive again on the touch panel.

Is this inline with everyone else's experience? Any way to get the selection of USB for media playback to persist from use to use?

Gareth

Hi there,

I've only had my Model 3 for a couple of weeks but I have a niggle in my audio playback. I have a reasonably large USB drive holding most of my preferred MP3 files which I use for audio most of the time. However, I've found that usually when I get back into the car after a few hours, the car decides my phone should be the audio source ("select media on phone") and I have to manually select the USB drive again on the touch panel.
Out of curiosity, is your phone connected via bluetooth or wired?

Out of curiosity, is your phone connected via bluetooth or wired?

Mine is connected with Bluetooth and it will stay playing USB audio as long as the car doesn't go into a deep sleep. Once the car enters deep sleep, then the audio will be silent upon "starting" unless the radio was playing. Although sometimes I have to move the volume one click to be able to hear anything as that appears to wake it up as well. Lots of bugs with the Media Player software IMHO