Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Model 3 Pictures + Videos of Tint/Clearbra/Vinyl Wraps/Wheels/Aero Kits/Ceramic Coatings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s something for all the 3 owners deciding on tint shades…

I’ve met a few of you who want to go lighter on the back window than on the sides, so here’s a 3 that we did with Photosync 45% on the back window and sunroof and 30% on the sides. See what you think, especially for the visibility inside looking out.

Model 3 owners looking to lower their cars, here's what that'll look like.
Here's a 3 with Novitec lowering springs we just finished. Personally like the Novitec over the other brands, but see what's best for you since there's a few other options out there that vary in height and comfort (as well as build quality of course).

Model 3 owners wanting to get rid of that overly high wheel gap--check this out.
Here's a 3 we lowered on Eibach lowering springs which not only reduces the crazy large wheel gap we get from factory, but also improves handling of the car. A few different brands out there for springs, each with slightly different heights and comfort, so see what you like best.

3 owners looking to wrap their wood dash, check this out.
Here's one we wrapped in gloss white. Really changes up the vibe in the interior quite a bit in more of a modern fashion. Just keep in mind since the wood has texture, some of it will come through the wrap, giving it a unique finish.

3 owners thinking about getting a satin black chrome delete, check this one out.
Here's a 3 we finished up not too long ago with satin black. Car's black as well, so it ties in really well with the paint. Spectra Photosync tint on the sides and the front end is also protected with PPF.

“Is clearbra (ppf) really worth the money?”

It boils down to how much you care about your paint and how your Tesla’s looking 2,3,4,5+ years down the road. If this all sounds boring to you already, then skip this. But if the thought of having chipped, scratched, or scuffed paint sounds painful, then consider it.

Here’s a quick test I made showing how much damage clearbra can take before any real damage gets transferred to your actual paint. I know it’s not exactly scientific, but it gives you an idea on what to expect from its durability. However at the end of the vid, I did collect 4 real world damages from Tesla clients, and you’ll see how clearbra has saved their paint and them from having to repaint a panel that may never match 100% again.

Test starts at the beginning, the 4 examples starts at 5:07.

This is how all 3’s should have come from factory—with POWERED frunk and trunk!

I’m impressed with it. Definitely see the convenience of having a frunk or trunk being powered, and the soft closing feature is a very nice touch. My favorite part is the fact there’s buttons you can press now to close them. Nice to be able to keep your hands clean instead of having to pull down the dirty hood or trunk or if it’s raining (or is that just me?).

Best part is it works with your Tesla app and the button on your screen—closing and opening.

Quick tip for those looking to get a chrome delete: set the right expectations in the beginning.

Different installers have different methods of chrome deleting your Tesla. Some prefer removing everything, some prefer some removal, and some prefer none at all. Pros and cons to each, but make sure you find the installer that is comfortable with doing it at your requested level. Otherwise, the results may not live up to your expectations.

Here's a 3 we finished up wrapping the crhome in satin black--our most popular color choice. We also tinted all the windows in Photosync for maximum interior comfort.

If you want tint to block heat, but don’t want to sacrifice on visibility, check this out.

Here’s a 3 we tinted in Photosync 70% on all the windows. As you can see, it’s extremely clear. This is perfect for those looking to maximize heat rejection without the “tint look”. The best part? This 70% film blocks more heat than even some 5% (limo/pitch black) films out there.

A little bonus clip at the end—we wrapped the center console in brushed black for a more sophisticated interior vibe.

It’s no secret that Tesla’s paint can be challenging to maintain, especially if yours is black. Scratches and swirl marks are shown really easily under direct light, which can affect the shine in your paint. Rock chips also are more apparent since the primer is gray/white underneath the car’s paint. There’s a couple of things you can consider when protecting your paint and keeping it looking good as long as possible.

Here’s a 3 we just got in—freshly delivered from Tesla. You see how even though it’s brand new, there’s spider web lines in the paint (light scratches). Doesn’t seem like a big deal, but over time these accumulate due to improper car washing techniques/equipment, brushing up against the car, and other events that we don’t pay too much attention to. After awhile, your paint starts to look dull even after a wash. It just doesn’t “pop” like it once did when you first got it. This can be corrected with services like a paint correction and a ceramic coating afterward. And with a clearbra on top, rock chips hitting your paint won’t be much of an issue any more either.

At the end of the video, you’ll see a quick water beading test I perform to showcase one of the coolest features of a ceramic coating—water beading! Makes washing your car so much easier, but it’s always so satisfying to watch. At least for me.

IMO, every Model 3 should have come with this…

A couple Tesla projects got finished up at the shop in this new vlog. Brand new Y gets the whole car clearbra’d, tinted, and center console wrapped. Protecting the car right when you get it, is a great way to start a fulfilling new ownership experience.

A 3 comes in for a chrome delete and a power trunk upgrade. I wish Tesla would have made this standard or at least given us an option from factory. So convenient being able to a trunk that’ll open/close at the press of a button (or with a wave of a foot!). Best part is that it works with the button on your touchscreen! How cool is that?

~ 3:35 mark for Tesla Model Y - clearbra/ppf, tint, center console wrap, and water beading test

~ 5:50 mark for Tesla Model 3 - chrome delete & power trunk installation/walkthrough

A popular question we get often from clients looking to wrap their cars matte/gloss/satin black often revolves around 3M and Avery and their visual differences (or maybe lack thereof). Here's a brief video where we take a look and compare the different black vinyl wrap samples from both brands and see if there are any visual differences. We also take a look at a third brand that may give these 2 popular brands a run for their money.

A quick how-to guide to helping you filter out and navigate through all the tint brands/options you'll find yourself facing when looking to get tint done on your car. We talk about the main categories of tint (dye, ceramic, metallic, and IRD) and what benefits each one offers, so you can decide if it's right for you.

We also talk about key specs to look for so you can effectively compare two different films and narrow down which one will perform better for your needs.

Tinting can get really scientific, but the points brought up in this video should be more than enough to help you go to your local tint shop, check out their selection, and quickly rule out what you don't want and be happy with your choice.