Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Positives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe Model 3 will go down in history as the car that started the EV revolution. Not Nissan Leaf and not Model S or X. To this date, and considering the overall package and road map, I do not see worthy competition in the horizon. This is one special car and I'm glad to be part of the story. Positives and negatives don't matter when there are no alternatives.

1) It's an electric car
2) It will have good range
3) It will be quick

I have been waiting for those three things in a semi-affordable package for a long time. The bolt is getting there, but the 3 should open the flood gates for fun electric cars.

Never seeing this again:

6F4FB0B4-D0F8-4422-87DA-990E7A2740FB.jpg

Happy to drive what appears to be an amazing car. Glad to be part of the changeover from ICE to EV and contribute (in a small way) to Tesla's success. But here is one positive I haven't seen yet on this thread... I'm happy to be tiny part of continued growth in Tesla stock, so someday Elon can cash out to fund mars colonization via SpaceX!!

The single most positive thing for me is just being able to become a Tesla customer...not a shareholder...a customer who is using one of their products.
I can finally and AFFORD something being offered by Tesla.

...and maybe more importantly I can justify its cost for me and my family (and my mortgage).

Been driving the same car since high school, it only takes premium gas. I remember standing at the pump and paying $4+/gallon. Told myself that once I graduated from college, found a job, got my finances in order, my next car would be a hybrid, or electric. So the positive for me is this will be an important milestone. Feel pretty lucky to be in a position to get a car that looks great, is all electric, fast, safe and… the tech. My current car doesn’t even have Bluetooth, nonetheless potential for FSD. On top of all that, let’s not forget how beautiful that all glass roof is. Never imagined getting such an awesome car for this price.

Walking into the local auto parts store, with its rows and rows of wrenches, chemicals, belts, and hoses, and realizing that almost none of this applies to me!
Ha! The local auto store implored me to join their loyalty program so I could get discounts. I pointed out to my Leaf and to the bottle of window washer I was buying and said "this is the only thing you have here that I need." It was great. Salesperson was so confused.

To be fair, the car does need brake fluid flushes but my days of doing that myself are over. I hate working on brakes.

I am so glad that someone started a "positive" thread.
I've been a daily reader since I placed my deposit in April. There are so many threads on this forum that are negative: crash test, insurance cost; fit, finish, interior materials, dash instruments, service and on and on. I know it is human nature to point out the faults, but it is wearing to read all of the problems. I'd like to read more from the happy owners.

That said, however, I've noticed there is a disproportional number of complaints that focus on the X. Was the X not ready for prime time when released? I did not know there was a Roadster and an X until I started reading this forum.

I really wish there was a forum dedicated solely to the Model 3. While I find some value in reading about the S and the X ... it is the 3 that I am mostly interested in.

One last wish .... I wish that Musk (or Tesla) would spend more time improving the S, the X and the 3 before launching the Y and the truck. I'm imagining that many more owners and potential owners of Tesla automobiles .... would sustain that wish.

I am so glad that someone started a "positive" thread.
I've been a daily reader since I placed my deposit in April. There are so many threads on this forum that are negative: crash test, insurance cost; fit, finish, interior materials, dash instruments, service and on and on. I know it is human nature to point out the faults, but it is wearing to read all of the problems. I'd like to read more from the happy owners.

That said, however, I've noticed there is a disproportional number of complaints that focus on the X. Was the X not ready for prime time when released? I did not know there was a Roadster and an X until I started reading this forum.

I really wish there was a forum dedicated solely to the Model 3. While I find some value in reading about the S and the X ... it is the 3 that I am mostly interested in.

One last wish .... I wish that Musk (or Tesla) would spend more time improving the S, the X and the 3 before launching the Y and the truck. I'm imagining that many more owners and potential owners of Tesla automobiles .... would sustain that wish.
Model 3 - Model 3 forum (where this post is). There are very few mentions of the S or X in this forum (and generally only when they are being compared or related to the Model 3).

The Model X release was a nightmare in many ways. It's very interesting to see how Musk and Tesla have learned their lessons with regards to the Model 3 launch. If you want to see how not to launch a product, go visit the X forums from ~2015/2016.

• Informative
Reactions: Stirfelt