Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Positives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so glad that someone started a "positive" thread.
I've been a daily reader since I placed my deposit in April. There are so many threads on this forum that are negative: crash test, insurance cost; fit, finish, interior materials, dash instruments, service and on and on. I know it is human nature to point out the faults, but it is wearing to read all of the problems. I'd like to read more from the happy owners.

That said, however, I've noticed there is a disproportional number of complaints that focus on the X. Was the X not ready for prime time when released? I did not know there was a Roadster and an X until I started reading this forum.

I really wish there was a forum dedicated solely to the Model 3. While I find some value in reading about the S and the X ... it is the 3 that I am mostly interested in.

One last wish .... I wish that Musk (or Tesla) would spend more time improving the S, the X and the 3 before launching the Y and the truck. I'm imagining that many more owners and potential owners of Tesla automobiles .... would sustain that wish.
Yes, the X was not "ready" when it was released. It was I believe 2 years behind schedule and packed with too much new technology and I think investors were getting antsy, so more or less did a "soft-launch". Tesla won't admit that (although Elon did admit that his hubris got in the way on the X) but it really took another 6 months before any real production volumes were made and mostly issue free. Even today, there are few niggling issues here and there.

Check out Tesla Model 3 Owners Club. That is the place you seek.

• Helpful
Reactions: Stirfelt
I am so glad that someone started a "positive" thread.
I've been a daily reader since I placed my deposit in April. There are so many threads on this forum that are negative: crash test, insurance cost; fit, finish, interior materials, dash instruments, service and on and on. I know it is human nature to point out the faults, but it is wearing to read all of the problems. I'd like to read more from the happy owners.

That said, however, I've noticed there is a disproportional number of complaints that focus on the X. Was the X not ready for prime time when released? I did not know there was a Roadster and an X until I started reading this forum.

I really wish there was a forum dedicated solely to the Model 3. While I find some value in reading about the S and the X ... it is the 3 that I am mostly interested in.

One last wish .... I wish that Musk (or Tesla) would spend more time improving the S, the X and the 3 before launching the Y and the truck. I'm imagining that many more owners and potential owners of Tesla automobiles .... would sustain that wish.

Although I'm all about hearing the positives, I would actually like to read about the real concerns (even on the S Forum) -- quality, reliability, long-term satisfaction and ownership gripes.

From those, I learned that Tesla does honor most extended warranty work as long as it isn't excluded in the contract agreement as long as it is brought in for servicing annually, which is a huge plus to me.

We all know the advantages of a Model 3 - cheaper, smaller, newer 2170 batteries, AWD option, AP 2.0 hardware. I'm not even a fanatic but I've read about these things because aside from the Chevy Bolt, there is no competing BEV model as yet.

1. Coolest, fastest, sexiest car I will have ever owned in my life. Satisfies all of the emotional triggers.
2. Allows me to be part of adopting sustainable transport and preserving my son's future without making compromises or going beyond my means.
3. Allows me to promote the vision that Tesla embodies to anyone that will take a drive with me without being boring or pedantic.

Reactions: PRSIST and EinSV
Nothing like it in the pipeline. I've been waiting almost ten years for an EV that has not been lacking in some serious way. Model 3 is now here. Dual-motor version essential for better handling, balanced 4-wheel magnetic braking and ultimate single-pedal speed control. Love the interior. Love the aero wheels (covers or not). Love full charge every morning, and free-fuel-for-life with Tesla solar panels and battery storage!
I assume the Model 3 will have regenerative braking like my Model S. However something online indicated otherwise. Do you know the facts on this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

comeon guys admit it...price/price/price is why so many will buy this.Some will buy just to have the newest tesla i guess but most sales are because of price.Thats a good thing because the model is is way to expensive for what it is and model 3 owners know this. I am all for lower prices and i hope the model 3 stunts the model s sales so musk can realize too how overpriced the s model was/still is.

I assume the Model 3 will have regenerative braking like my Model S. However something online indicated otherwise. Do you know the facts on this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
With the RWD models, only the rear wheels have regenerative breaking. The dual motors enable regenerative breaking on front and rear, which is part of the reason that the dual motors are more efficient (along with better motor optimizations when cruising at highway speeds). It's a fairly small increase though, RWD models should still have very significant regenerative breaking (as evidenced on the S).

comeon guys admit it...price/price/price is why so many will buy this.Some will buy just to have the newest tesla i guess but most sales are because of price.Thats a good thing because the model is is way to expensive for what it is and model 3 owners know this. I am all for lower prices and i hope the model 3 stunts the model s sales so musk can realize too how overpriced the s model was/still is.
Obviously price is a huge factor for the vast majority of auto buyers. I don't have a Model S now because I can't realistically afford it. Doesn't mean it's overpriced.

I would expect the RWD Model 3 to work the same as your S then. From my very limited experience in both RWD and dual motor Model S's, I wasn't able to tell a difference in the amount of regenerative braking (at least from a slowing down perspective, not necessarily efficiency). I've driven the RDW and dual motor versions back to back once, and they felt pretty much identical to drive.

the 3 will be basically an s tech wise in the end just more realistically priced-hence attracting way more buyers.I mean how much sparse can the m3 interior be to be diff then the s? The s already is so minimal is hard to get less minimal to drop any price....I mean hatchback and slightly larger screen and no front gauges= 2+x the price for the s? Lets be real....the s will be history sale wise when the 3 is fully out...even now people will wait for the 3 vs buying an s due to that price. Maybe not people who money is no object but thats like less the 1% of the population if even that...and most of them WOULD rather buy a gass sexy sports car.

FullyCharged reviews the Tesla Model S 100D (video). His own car is a Model S 85. In the video, he notes that the regenerative braking on the 100D is stronger than what his 85 has, and attributes that to the dual motors, which both generate power during braking. Tesla has not commented on this.
He loves the 100D! Certainly the magnetic braking on dual-motor cars is more balanced and will give more even tire wear.

• Informative
Reactions: internalaudit