Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Possible Configuration and Options, what will you order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As of now, I'd choose these things in this order... in 11 days, my thoughts may be different, in 18 months my thoughts will surely be different. My budget... who knows?

Lines 1-4 are my "must-haves."

1. Base Model 3 [$35k]
2. Driving range of 250+ miles & AWD. [$10k]
3. AutoPilot [$2.5k]
4. SuperCharger Access (Maybe included in the base $35k already? I would not need to use it frequently, so if a pay-per-use model is introduced, I'd go that route.) [$2.5k]
5. Model X-Style Seats [$2k]
6. Smart Air Suspension [$2.5k]
7. Paint Color [$1k]
8. Panoramic Roof [$1k]

$56.5k + $1.2k Destination and Doc Fee
$57.7k + taxes

US$35,000 Base Model 3 - Shipped to Australia, it will be closer to AU$50,000 here

My list of optional extras in order of priority (and availability)
Supercharging
Auto Pilot
Metallic Paint
Premium Sound
Dual Motor
Leather Seats

My maximum price ceiling will be around AU$75,000
(At this point - A luxury car tax of 33 cents for each dollar is added to the final cost of the car above AU$75,375 in Australia)

Tesla Finance (via a local bank) is available here for the Model S.

Hopefully, it will be extended to include the Model 3 as well. This way, I only need a deposit of up to 30% and pay off the remainder over 3 to 5 years

Last edited:
Does it rain rocks where you live? How would rocks kicked up from cars in front of you damage the roof? Windshield I get, but roof?

My daily commute includes miles of mountain canyon driving with rock walls at each side. Rock routinely fall on the road from above. Case in point, this was posted just this evening on the facebook page setup to report local canyon road conditions:
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-20%20at%208.48.12%20PM.png

So in configuring the model 3, what kind of financing does tesla offer?
Tesla doesn't offer financing directing but works through both Chase Auto Financing and TD bank. Of course financing is based on your credit score and for how long you are financing. I think three years was around 2.25% and four years was around 2.35%. Financing working through Tesla took less than 12 hours to get approval. You dont want to start to finance until you get your VIN as it is only good for 2 months or you have to get extended.

I'm looking for a PxxDL. I want everything but smart air suspension, which, IMHO, is a pointless gimmick that is destined to fail and cost you thousands of dollars to repair the day after your warranty expires (I generally keep cars for 8-10 years). AWD is mandatory - my street here in the NH mountains is impassible without AWD after a snowstorm, even with top-notch snow tires.

Does it rain rocks where you live? How would rocks kicked up from cars in front of you damage the roof? Windshield I get, but roof?
Florida is completely flat. I live on an Island with speed limited in the area between 30-45 mph but the Tesla SC is about 65 miles away and lots of traffic and lots of dump trucks because of the I4 Ultimate project which will be going on for a few more years. I got the front third of my Model X wrapped in XPEL which is a self healing membrane. Don't have to worry about snow only hurricanes.

One can only dream...

2019 Tesla Model ≡ P135D Coupe with Falcon Wing Doors in RED with a TAN interior.

That'll do, Pig. That'll do.
Just remember Tesla generally does not use a product year like other auto manufactures. Their year changes on January 1. So any car made after the 1st has the new year. I doubt if they will be putting that big a battery in a model 3. You would have to go to a S or X. They have to keep some distinction between products or they will loose sale of their higher end cars which Tesla will not let happen.

One can only dream...

2019 Tesla Model ≡ P135D Coupe with Falcon Wing Doors in RED with a TAN interior.

That'll do, Pig. That'll do.[/QUOTE. Yeah dream on. The article I read yesterday said because of problems, cost and because they want the pano roof and falcon wing doors to be the signature features of the X they probably won't repeat them in other models. But you never know.

If I go for a Model 3, and it is looking like that is more and more a possibility, then I'd go for the following items:

1. Model 3 with max battery pack.
2. AWD. Maybe I'm willing to pay $5K for it.
3. AutoPilot Definitely.
4. SuperCharger Access. I'd prefer a pay as you go plan since I don't typically drive long distances.
5. Smart Air Suspension.
6. Cold Weather package.

That's all I can think of that I'd need.

I want maximum performance and non-leather interior. Hopefully, Tesla will offer multiple vegan interior options with the Model 3.

Elon Musk tweeting about his non-leather seat Model X:
That said, the white interior is the best. Highly recommend.

f
It all depends on the pricing. Must haves for me are next-gen leather seats, moon roof, AP, and of course SC access if it isn't included in the price.
Like to haves are dual motor, premium sound system.
With the other Models the first Invites went out around 6 weeks before production started. It was a little different as they had a Signature Model first which they won't have with the Model 3 meaning the first invitation will be for production cars. Depending on how many reservation there are will dictate how long it will take to get all invitation outs. They could probably stretch invites over a couple month period if there are a lot of reservations.

With the Model X there was a considerable amount of reservationists who never ordered. Part of this may have been because users didn't expect the different configurations and options would be so high in price. To get a car with the Ludicrous Mode, Premium and Autopilot Options put the cost over $155K. I am sure there will be a lot less people who don't order on the less expensive Model 3 but I am sure there will still be sticker shock.

Therefore the earliest before people will see invitations to reserve based on the published timeline will most likely be late 2017 to early 2018. This is if there are no delays. Tesla doesn't usually publicize pricing but forum users who get early invitations usually will post the information to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.