Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Possible Configuration and Options, what will you order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want maximum performance and non-leather interior. Hopefully, Tesla will offer multiple vegan interior options with the Model 3.

Elon Musk tweeting about his non-leather seat Model X:
That said, the white interior is the best. Highly recommend.
As you probably are aware the Vegan seats only came in white. They looked nice and felt like real leather. Several months into production they found the seats would split/crack if someone heavy were to sit on the seats. Since this has been a recent development I am not sure if there is a resolution. I believe this was a more expensive option than leather and depending on how many people ordered them on the Model X will probably determine if they will expand to more colors on the Model 3.

Supercharger Isn't going to be an add-on and AWD likely will be only option.

So my priorities based on above probable assumptions is.

Cold weather package,
Max range
And towing.

If autopilot is an option then I'll add that as a first option

Seems to me I already did this on an identical thread a while back, but what the heck, it's still fun.
Assuming it's all offered:
- "P" model with biggest battery and dual motor
- Next Gen (sport) seats, preferably not leather
- Pano roof
- Auto pilot
- Air suspension (I'm thinking this may not be offered on the little guy, hope I'm wrong as I'd love the extra ride height for rallying)
- Premium sound
- Winter package (heated seats, steering wheel, etc)
- SC, assuming it's extra cost
- Dual chargers
If they have a performance addition they will probably have air suspension and maybe even an active spoiler. I am as less confident they will have a ludicrous mode but anything is possible. I doubt if they will offer the pano roof as I have read they want it to be the signature of the X along with the falcon wing doors. To get from a 90D to a P90D was a $20k upgrade and another $10k for Ludicrous. Fully loaded it was about $160k not including delivery and sales tax. The fully loaded model X was $90k in options, more than 2 1/2 times the cost of a base model 3, (just in options). I am sure if you want a fully loaded Model 3 you could more than double the base price (probably 2 1/2 times the base).

Unfortunately the Canadian dollar is poor (hopefully it won't be in 2 years) and my home province of saskatchatoon doesn't offer any EV incentives.

So I'm shooting for a base model with dual motor and climate package for canadian winters eh. Hopefully the base model is at least 220 miles and has reasonable stock features.

Unsure about upgrading to supercharger access. My province won't have superchargers for a long ass time, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

So excited tho. Man.

Cold weather package,
Max range
And towing.

From what I read they may not even offer the Supercharging Network on the model 3 as the buildout to support the 3 would be huge. The article said the final decision has not been made but they are looking at all possibilities to include as an option like the X or as a per use charge.

From what I read they may not even offer the Supercharging Network on the model 3 as the buildout to support the 3 would be huge. The article said the final decision has not been made but they are looking at all possibilities to include as an option like the X or as a per use charge.

Feel free to post the link to this article that has quotes from Tesla but I'm sure it's 100% speculation. Also, as of now Supercharging is built into the price of both the S and X and is not a option. I have noticed you are continuing to propagate that fiction on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSP
To tell you the truth, looking at the Model S extras, I really don't want any of them except autopilot.

Unless there are some things taken out of the standard package on the S, i'd probably stick with only that.

But what that means is I'd load up on the other stuff, including probably the better battery, panoramic roof, and next generation leather seats.

Possibly nicer wheels.

I don't have an unlimited amount of money to spend, and I feel those extras are worth more to me than the interior upgrades

1. Base Model 3 [$35k]
2. Driving range of 250+ miles & AWD. [$12k]
3. AutoPilot [$2.5k]
4. Premium Interior and Lighting [$2.5k]
5. Upgraded Leather [$2.5k] (Black or Tan)
5. Paint Color [$1k] -- Red (Multi-Coat Red, signature red would be better :>)
6. Panoramic Roof [$1k]
7. Upgraded Wheels [$2.5k]

Assumptions:
SuperCharger Access Included, will add if it is not included with the upgraded battery and AWD package.

$56.5k + $1.2k Destination and Doc Fee
$57.7k + taxes

Puts me a little over $60k which is my upper limit. Will not likely allow for "P" edition. One of the key benefits of having 2 years + before taking delivery on the car it allows for a lot of time to beef up down payment. Plan is to pay 50% down up front and finance the rest over 60 months. Payments will be around $500 a month which works well with my monthly auto budget. Leasing a BMW 2015 335i now for $600 a month, ends in August 2018. Should be perfectly timed to take delivery on my Tesla Model 3.

Keep the car for 7-8 years then trade it in or give to the kids and get another Tesla.

I'm never buying a ICE car again..

I thought it was stated super charging will be included? Did I read wrong?

Here are my must haves :

Auto pilot
Supercharging

Other than that
Textile seats, don't even want leather in an S
I don't like the next gen seats not as comfy as the textile to me.
Third row option would be great.
Don't care about sunroof or high fidelity
Would consider smart air if an option but not for th current 2500
Would get standard white or black they're my fav colors anyway unless they bring brown or green back
I weep a bit inside each time I see the Browns and greens they're so nice...I always want what I can't have.

The concept looks similar in shape to what I drive and it's perfect for me so my fingers are crossed its a similar (but way better because, well, Tesla, duh).

I wouldn't pay for an up charged paint color (see exceptions above).

I might get a small tattoo of the T symbol
This has nothing to do with my model 3 config but I've been thinking about it and had to put it somewhere lol.

What's the smallest tattoo available ?!

Ok so that's my configured 3
I don't care for the performance really. I mean yeah it's very fun to go full ludicrous once in a while but I don't know if it's worth the $. I do love it it feels like nothing other.

If they have a performance addition they will probably have air suspension and maybe even an active spoiler. I am as less confident they will have a ludicrous mode but anything is possible. I doubt if they will offer the pano roof as I have read they want it to be the signature of the X along with the falcon wing doors. To get from a 90D to a P90D was a $20k upgrade and another $10k for Ludicrous. Fully loaded it was about $160k not including delivery and sales tax. The fully loaded model X was $90k in options, more than 2 1/2 times the cost of a base model 3, (just in options). I am sure if you want a fully loaded Model 3 you could more than double the base price (probably 2 1/2 times the base).
Pano roof - I'm referring to the Panoramic glass sunroof offered on the Model S, which I do expect to be an option on the Model 3 as every competitor Tesla is targeting in this segment - A4, 3 series, C class - does offer some form of sunroof.
Ludicrous, etc. - How far they'll go in replicating the performance upgrades of the S or X is anyone's guess right now. However as many have pointed out around here, there are most definitely analogs in the recent ICE world. Look at Audi's RS4, or MB's C63 AMG Black edition. These are cars that tripled the price of their respective base platforms, and again, the very same platforms that the Model 3 targets.

Cold weather package,
Max range
And towing.

Here is an article regarding Model 3 access to the Supercharger Network. They say it is doubtful that it will be free probably an option with cost between $1,000 - $2,000 since everyone will not need access.

Will Tesla Motors Charge Extra For Model 3 Supercharging? If So, How Much? -- The Motley Fool

Here is an article regarding Model 3 access to the Supercharger Network. They say it is doubtful that it will be free probably an option with cost between $1,000 - $2,000 since everyone will not need access.

Will Tesla Motors Charge Extra For Model 3 Supercharging? If So, How Much? -- The Motley Fool

That's an opinion piece from a website full of arm chair investors. The supercharger is a key point to Tesla. It isn't a paid option now. And is something that GM and Nissan can't offer yet.

You can't compare a trial period and financing for an unproven system at the birth of the company, to today's proven and very successful key element.

People on this forum are forgetting that Tesla can't sell cars at a loss, features like supercharger and autopilot have been included in every vehicle on the assembly line to lower cost of production. This is why they won't be building a $35k model at first, high optioned cars will be priority. The $35k mark is a ways off and by that time, Tesla will make a profit from falling costs.

So Forum members keep getting caught up on "Tesla can't do this for $35k", it's going to be a while before they need to make a $35k car, the car doesn't cost $35k to produce, and all these "premium feature" cost dollars to include and well for large multiples, to raise profit margins.

Short version superchaging components will be included so they won't cost extra to manufacture.

Reactions: EinSV

Well, there is the old rule of thumb when it comes to article headlines that are phrased as a question. 90% of the time the answer is "no". :)

Of course we really have no idea until the 31st (if then), but the article also undercuts himself when he says it won't be included unless Tesla is being aggressive. Given the launch into the mass market, it's safe to say they are.

All that said, I'm inclined to agree that Supercharger will be an added cost, but not big - around $1k. I suspect Tesla is stretching the financials to hit the $35k base cost. Given that, I think they'll need to have a lot of options that they expect most people to take to get the average selling price closer to $45-$50k.

Status
Not open for further replies.