Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Post Delivery Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm aware that Telsa are advertising Full Self-Driving Capability as a post delivery upgrade (albeit at a higher price than pre-delivery).

Does anyone know of any other features that can be added after we receive them?

I have SR+, so would consider upgrading:-
  • Full navigation with live traffic
    • Can't see any reason why this couldn't be just a software update
  • Premium audio
    • I think all the hardware, minus the sub, will be there already. Perhaps the sub could be fitted?
  • In car internet streaming music and media
    • Again, can't see why this is anything more than a software update
Anyone heard of these being upgraded in the US or Europe?

Last edited:
I'm aware that Telsa are advertising Full Self-Driving Capability as a post delivery upgrade (albeit at a higher price than pre-delivery).

Does anyone know of any other features that can be added after we receive them?

I have SR+, so would consider upgrading:-
  • Full navigation with live traffic
    • Can't see any reason why this could be just a software update
  • Premium audio
    • I think all the hardware, minus the sub, will be there already. Perhaps the sub could be fitted?
  • In car internet streaming music and media
    • Again, can't see why this is anything more than a software update
Anyone heard of these being upgraded in the US or Europe?

Actually the price after is the same.

Tesla may offer a 'connectivity' pack but they haven't done that anywhere yet as far as I'm aware. And if they do offer it to SR+ customers in the UK don't expect it soon as they will want the full premium customers to feel they better that they paid more for something that SR+ owners don't get!

LR and P have a bigger battery and a second motor...

I'm sure if you allow some kind of subscription or £1000 activation fee for full nav with traffic anyone will lose any sleep.

If I could buy the SR+ with "full premium interior" I would have, but the 8k (now 10.5k to P) jump was just too much. Don't see the nav being worth so much when a basic smartphone can do the same thing.