Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 potentially totaled by car running from the police, airbags didn't deploy...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, I'm am an Automotive Electronics engineer, expert, and forensic investigator. I'm a licensed Tesla airbag/EDR downloader and have the authorized Tesla tools covering all Model S, X, and 3. Original Roadsters are not supported by the tools, but extraction is possible. I am experienced with Tesla downloads and diagnosis, and also many other makes/models. PM me for contact info if you or your counsel require such services. Thanks!

Over and over! Some guy nearly kills me, blah, blah, car totaled, blah, blah, DUI ... (crickets). This whole world is so stuck on the right to get bombed/inebriated/brainless that no one will make a peep about the fact that people drive around drunk every day. Drinking (alcohol) is OK! Drinking at home and beating the wife/kids is OK! Drinking enough for a buzz is OK! Oh, and driving drunk just a teeny bit... is OK if you're not caught. Interesting that truckers are not allowed to drive AS drunk as car drivers!

Where I live it is considered fact that on Saturday PM one in three cars coming at you is being driven by someone legally drunk, but NO ONE cares because it would impact sales of alcoholic beverage. Must be part of the crowd. Fill 'er up again! Wonder if the air bags will work.

You were lucky you didn't die.
When the wife and I go to Napa I do the driving and she does the drinking ( I would say tasting but in her case it is more drinking cause after 4 stops there is no more tasting involved) I will maybe try an ounce or 2 thats about it, unfortunately it only takes one drunk driver and there in Napa there are more than a few

A high school friend of my wife is an alcoholic with a few DUI's to prove it, they kept letting her off with a slap on the hand, on the 5th or 6th offense she was sentenced to almost 5 months in county jail (L.A. County) when her sentence started she surrendered herself, was booked in and let go within 12 hours due to overcrowding, she did lose her license and does not drive anymore, at least not a car, she recently crashed her electric bicycle and broke her leg in several places, I do think that in her instance a more severe penalty could have helped her changed her life around, maybe?

I was in a similar accident last week with my Model 3 but was sideswiped mostly on the two driver side doors. No side airbag deployed but I was very securely in my seat-belted seat when my car stopped. My hazard lights went on; I had at least one message on my screen that regenerative braking wasn't working. My door wouldn't open but, I had no injuries at all. I think this is a tribute to the weight and the construction of the Model 3.