Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 power frunk UI questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great, seems like it would be my preferred method to close rather than bending down to push the button inside the frunk.
Just set up voice control to do it. If you have iPhone, it's easy to set up voice control to open/close with Stats app. If you have an Apple Watch, you can just voice control with that as well and don't have to worry about Siri asking you to unlock the phone first before running command.

Super easy.

Reactions: destructure00
Just set up voice control to do it. If you have iPhone, it's easy to set up voice control to open/close with Stats app. If you have an Apple Watch, you can just voice control with that as well and don't have to worry about Siri asking you to unlock the phone first before running command.

Super easy.

I don't have Apple. Was using EV Car through Google Assistant but it got pulled a little while back. The persistent notification on my phone has ended up being really useful.

Screenshot_20200824-064146.png

I have seen reviews of this, and it looks like there is a slim chance that going over certain bumps/things at low speed could open this. The possibility of that happening at all would make me cautious of doing frunk foot sensor.
The frunk kick sensor uses the frunk release wires behind the tow hook cover. That means that the kick sensor can send it's signal all it wants, but the car will only open the frunk if the car is unlocked AND in park. I've tried it, and as soon as the car is out of park it stops working.