Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Power Liftgate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody tried to drill a hole and use the rubber washer to get cables from struts into the trunk area?
washer.JPG

Anyone know approximately how many firmware updates to the Tesla Offer kit have been needed to fix the operation temporarily fixed by a Tesla update?

Are the updates timely? Easy to install? Leaning towards the Tesla Offer kit over the Hansshow due to full functionality of trunk lights and touchscreen/app.

Thanks

Right now they have special - $750 all 4 doors.

BTW: I feel stupid - got the trunk yesterday - ordered 4 days ago. Started installation and went to their website for video to find out that now the special price is $200 less than I payed... Trying to get the difference back. Do they answer WhatsApp on their business hours?
If your pain. I asked about a partial refund. They refused it. They said it it's a Black Friday price.

So I'm still on the fence as to whether I should go ahead and get the power frunk and the power trunk with foot sensor. I would be getting both or neither. But also debating on whether to get the Hansshow ones or the Teslaoffer ones. In the above post, Hansshow has a pretty good deal where if you get both, it would be $816.90 with the above coupon code ( a decent discount from the regular $1,050.00 price). I went onto Teslaoffer and getting the same thing would bring the price to $878.00. I am not aware of any Black Friday coupon code for Teslaoffer.

My understanding is that the front trunk for both companies are the same product. However, my understanding for the rear trunks are a little different. IIRC, with the Teslaoffer one, you'd have to connect to the CAN, which, if Tesla updates the CAN, you might run into some issues with the trunk powered operation. But Teslaoffer provides quick updates and then you're good to go. Whereas the Hansshow one you don't have to connect to the CAN.

I think further differences in the trunk for each company's products included that the Hansshow one you can open and close the trunk from the Main Screen inside the car, but the Teslaoffer one you can't. I also thought that the Hansshow one wouldn't show you whether the trunk was open or closed in the app. I don't know if there's any other differences in less wires, thinner wires, and non-connected connection clips (to make it easier to fit thru the trunk rubber tube).

Looking at the Teslaoffer one, on their site, it mentioned a few "exclusive" features, including the following:
  • Open and Close the tailgate using the touch screen
  • Preserve trunk status and alert (Exclusive!)
  • Silent trunk opening (Exclusive!)
  • OEM trunk rubber protection with silicon casing structs (Exclusive!)
Not sure if the Hansshow one has the above exclusive features or not? I've also heard that they are the exact same product, just sold by 2 different companies

Personally, I'd prefer to have it as OEM as possible within the app and the main screen UI. I'd prefer that the car showed me if the trunk was open or closed versus not having any idea if it was open or closed.

So I'm not sure what everyone would suggest to be the best option out there? My other thought is that I might not install this until the spring...even though I do have a garage attached to my house, it still gets quite cold in there during the New England winter. Despite a decent deal with the Hansshow Black Friday coupon code, and the sale that Teslaoffer is having with no coupon code (is there a coupon code out there for Black Friday??), I'm wondering if I should just hold out until the Spring, when there might be a Version 3.0 or 4.0 of these products for probably about the same price.

Thoughts?
Thanks,
--Cintoman

Would love to read advises to on these options and choice.
I am interested in only the trunk automation, not frunk though.

Thanks.

I'm going to order one for the frunk and trunk and have it installed locally. I'll post when it's done. Too bad Tesla doesn't offer this as an option. I know they are concentrating on churning the M3s out as quickly and cheaply as they can, and so I imagine they don't want to add to the install complexity or they will have another Model X production nightmare.

At the very least if they would certify a company like TeslaOffer and offer installation of their products in Tesla shops, or certify local installers, that would be great.

Anyone know approximately how many firmware updates to the Tesla Offer kit have been needed to fix the operation temporarily fixed by a Tesla update?

Are the updates timely? Easy to install? Leaning towards the Tesla Offer kit over the Hansshow due to full functionality of trunk lights and touchscreen/app.

Thanks

I have the Tesla Offer trunk kit installed. I've had it about 6 months. In that time they have only needed to update the firmware once. They emailed me the file before I got the Tesla update. Installing it is simple and quick.

I live in NY and I couldn’t find anyone local to do the install and I just didn’t want to roll the dice and do it myself, so I ordered both the Trunk kit and the Frunk v.2 kit and found an installer in NJ who does ceramic coatings, all kinds of wraps (like the chrome delete) and more recently has done a few Tesla Offer installs on Tesla Model 3s. They are working closely with Tesla Offer to expand their Tesla customer base. It was a bit of a pain to drive all the way to these guys, but they did a great job and I avoided having to roll the dice that I might have done it wrong and damaged something.

Get excited! The one from Tesla Offer (tho expensive) works exactly as you would want it to. SO HAPPY I finally got it!!
I'm still confused how the trunk status works in this new version. Does it show it as opened on the screen when it is open or does it flash between opened and closed like the hansshow one does? How do they claim it can be closed on the screen if it does show the trunk as opened and non flashing (and greyed out)? I watched the latest video from Tesla Offer comparing theirs to Hansshows latest version with the flashing status and the flashing status causes all sorts of problems i.e. not being able to close with the app if the screen is currently showing it as closed in it's flashing status.

I live in NY and I couldn’t find anyone local to do the install and I just didn’t want to roll the dice and do it myself, so I ordered both the Trunk kit and the Frunk v.2 kit and found an installer in NJ who does ceramic coatings, all kinds of wraps (like the chrome delete) and more recently has done a few Tesla Offer installs on Tesla Model 3s. They are working closely with Tesla Offer to expand their Tesla customer base. It was a bit of a pain to drive all the way to these guys, but they did a great job and I avoided having to roll the dice that I might have done it wrong and damaged something.

Curious which shop you used, if you don't mind sharing.