TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Preconditioning

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by pazdan, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. pazdan

pazdan Member

Does anyone know if pre-heating the cabin via the app also preconditions/heats the battery?

Going to max charge my battery and head on a road trip in a few weeks so I was wonderin how to maximize my range/battery performance (in cold weather).

2. pazdan

pazdan Member

...or if you leave it plugged in, does it just always keep the battery warm and ready to operate?

3. Shoal007

Shoal007 Member

Neither of those do. Heating the cabin uses about 6-8kwh full blast. Depending on the battery temp, it may take 30-60 min to get it there if at all.

4. kodek

kodek Member

Should that be 6-8 kW? Also, those figures seem interesting. How'd you come up with them?

5. Shoal007

Shoal007 Member

The cabin heater has been posted somewhere.you are correct kW.