Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Premium Interior - Black only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/31 non-owner reservation holder here. First Production delivery estimate November 2017 - January 2018.

I was strongly considering AWD but don't want to wait until July - September 2018.

That said, with the current upgraded Premium Interior attached to all First Production cars, there is one more thing I wanted of which I've seen no mention: the white interior.

The only interior color I've seen inside a 3 so far with the premium upgrade is black. Has anyone seen otherwise?

I've fallen in love with that white interior, and after Elon's recommendation to get it, I was sold. If it wasn't an option (yet?) on the 3, I'd be very disappointed and torn on when to actually order my car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx
Only interior seen in other than black was the silver car at the original reveal which was in the white.

White is said to be available this fall. Based on that, I would assume it would be available if you reservation comes up in Nov-Jan as stated.

So where is this delivery estimator tool? I go to MyTesla page and click on the Delivery estimator "Learn More" link and I just get a page saying "Model 3 deliveries are beginning in the US based on whether you are an employee, if you own a Tesla and when you placed your reservation." and a big blue SAVE button, and a red button to see Model S inventory.

estimator.PNG
estimator.PNG

So where is this delivery estimator tool? I go to MyTesla page and click on the Delivery estimator "Learn More" link and I just get a page saying "Model 3 deliveries are beginning in the US based on whether you are an employee, if you own a Tesla and when you placed your reservation." and a big blue SAVE button, and a red button to see Model S inventory.

View attachment 238908 View attachment 238908
upload_2017-7-31_9-9-23.png

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
Black only interior is the one thing that bothers me about getting an early production model (Oct-Dec).

I don't mind spending $9000 for the long range battery or $5000 for the premium package, or even $1000 for paint. But the only option on a $55k car is black vinyl seats? That is going to be way too hot in the summer and might be a deal breaker.

I'm not a fan of pure white seats either. I hope they reconsider and offer a tan/cream interior.

Black only interior is the one thing that bothers me about getting an early production model (Oct-Dec).

I don't mind spending $9000 for the long range battery or $5000 for the premium package, or even $1000 for paint. But the only option on a $55k car is black vinyl seats? That is going to be way too hot in the summer and might be a deal breaker.

I'm not a fan of pure white seats either. I hope they reconsider and offer a tan/cream interior.

We went all black in our MS, first time with a car with black interior, and have to say I really do like it and didn't think I would. We have cabin overheat protection turned on normally and even when the temp outside is in the 90s, don't find the car inside to be bad at all. Then when you get in and the A/C kicks in you are very comfortable in no time. I assume the same will be said of the M3.

BTW a big plus I'm finding for all black interior is that it is much more kind to your eyes and I think prevents squinting. We live in a hot area where we get blasted with cloudless days on end and very bright reflected sun off of everything. The black cocoon you're in gives your eyes a break. Sure they end up feeling less tired too.

• Helpful
Reactions: internalaudit
3/31 non-owner reservation holder here. First Production delivery estimate November 2017 - January 2018.

I was strongly considering AWD but don't want to wait until July - September 2018.

That said, with the current upgraded Premium Interior attached to all First Production cars, there is one more thing I wanted of which I've seen no mention: the white interior.

The only interior color I've seen inside a 3 so far with the premium upgrade is black. Has anyone seen otherwise?

I've fallen in love with that white interior, and after Elon's recommendation to get it, I was sold. If it wasn't an option (yet?) on the 3, I'd be very disappointed and torn on when to actually order my car.

I read a FAQ yesterday that white interior will be an option in November 2017 along with Standard battery vehicles. Don't ask me where I read it because I have been to tons of web pages over the past few days. I too want anything other than black seats so I was glad to read that white will be available about the time I am due to configure.

I read a FAQ yesterday that white interior will be an option in November 2017 along with Standard battery vehicles. Don't ask me where I read it because I have been to tons of web pages over the past few days. I too want anything other than black seats so I was glad to read that white will be available about the time I am due to configure.
It is directly from the Tesla FAQ:

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

It is directly from the Tesla FAQ:

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

That's the way I had to go.
I actually got there:
From main account page hit Manage Reservation.
In the Next Steps text click on the red-highlighted FAQ.
Then in the answer to the first question "You can find your estimated delivery date now here" the here is red and you can click on it to get to an estimate page.
From the estimate page I was able to save my selection of battery (standard). Trying to get the page directly, I couldn't save it.

But just clicking on "Delivery Estimate" in the bottom right would have been a lot easier. :p

(Firefox with NoScript, a couple of Tesla URLs enabled.)