Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Premium Package is a STEAL (By Tesla standards)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some day Tesla will do a software update to have an implicit entry/exit position. Other brands already do this (and is more important for them since they have hardware buttons for Profile 1 and Profile 2). I'm not sure I'll do the explicit exit profile, because it would interfere with auto-profile-inference-via-keyfob.
Wouldn't it auto detect my profile when I use my phone to unlock the car?

I'm happy with the way it's packaged and i'll have to get it. a couple questions i've been thinking are :
1. when the ultra white interior is available, will that be extra or an option of the premium package?
2. are the phone docking cables that tesla recently began selling on their site already in the premium package or will we need to get those to dock our phone?

As far as I know this isn't confirmed to be real yet, I'll wait until there is something actually on the Tesla page or a valid screenshot of someone configuring.
Even if you discount the provenance of the screenshot, the official Tesla Model 3 web page and the presskit both confirm heated seats throughout with the PUP:
Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs
However, there's nothing published from any source that addresses heating for the steering wheel (or not) and that's the basis for the thread I linked above.

• Helpful
Reactions: internalaudit
I am lucky in that the PUP contains many upgrades that I want, so as I read down the list I was sold not even half way down. For me, it feels like a bargain in Tesla space. I feel tesla has artfully chosen some key upgrades that capture the "premium" clients needs. The more things that they include that you want, the more likely you are to buy it. Some people will buy pup just for a single option. If you don't want to buy PUP, but want only 1 or 2 options, you can always wait for the backlog to settle down and see if they become more flexible.

I am lucky in that the PUP contains many upgrades that I want, so as I read down the list I was sold not even half way down. For me, it feels like a bargain in Tesla space. I feel tesla has artfully chosen some key upgrades that capture the "premium" clients needs. The more things that they include that you want, the more likely you are to buy it. Some people will buy pup just for a single option. If you don't want to buy PUP, but want only 1 or 2 options, you can always wait for the backlog to settle down and see if they become more flexible.
I think it would take a very long time for Tesla to offer PUP items separately. Maybe if demand decreases dramatically they would offer more customization options. But it won't be a for a long while.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I think it would take a very long time for Tesla to offer PUP items separately. Maybe if demand decreases dramatically they would offer more customization options. But it won't be a for a long while.
Yeah, I guess my real point was that your patience is a consideration here. Those with no patience will bend the knee to Tesla. Those with patience can wait it out and see if things change. People just need to figure out which they are...

Exactly. For me, the glass roof is the only must-have in the PUP. The other stuff are things I normally would not splurge to get in a car. However, since they are a "bonus", that makes it easier for me to justify to my frugal side. :)

I'm in that boat too.

Funny that Tesla chose the glass roof to optimize car design and production, and here we are paying $5,000 for the privilege anyway LOL

This should not be taken as criticism of the PUP package -- I think it is a very nice deal.
Right, they teased the glass roof from the start, so I expected it as the default because they were touting the benefits of that design. It wasn't until they released that Model S vs. 3 comparison chart a few months ago that we learned it's optional. By then, it was too late, since I already had my heart set on having it. :)

Even if you discount the provenance of the screenshot, the official Tesla Model 3 web page and the presskit both confirm heated seats throughout with the PUP:

However, there's nothing published from any source that addresses heating for the steering wheel (or not) and that's the basis for the thread I linked above.
Yep. On the other hand it doesn't say anywhere that front heated seats are standard .... :D

It is more likely that Tesla will double down with reducing customization options to improve production efficiency and reduce costs - that even includes the Model X, Model S and any future Tesla car. I'm surprised that Tesla didn't just make the Model 3 available with only 18" aeros and the 3 most common car colors: black, white, silver.

I'm in that boat too.

Funny that Tesla chose the glass roof to optimize car design and production, and here we are paying $5,000 for the privilege anyway LOL

This should not be taken as criticism of the PUP package -- I think it is a very nice deal.
You are confusing the glass-roof with the large rear window. The large rear window was for increasing rear headroom, but also helps with production allowing to install interior components through the large opening.

The glass roof is just the small piece of glass over the driver and passenger head. That's it.

Wouldn't it auto detect my profile when I use my phone to unlock the car?
Yes, but the getting in with more room is what I would want from an entry/exit profile. So basically my choice is automatic profile selection without touching anything, or easy entry/exit with lots of button mashing. I choose the former. I could get the best of both worlds, if they were to do a software update.

Can't say there's a single item in PUP that I or my wife would want. Base + blue + adaptive cruise control. Sadly, we have to buy a bunch of fundamentally toys to get ACC.

I think eventually people who don't order the AP will get to choose each component individually but yeah, most of the people here will not be holding their breath. :)

Hoping the regular cruise control is available to tide us over.