Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 preowned determining EAP vs. FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way for me to determine on a preowned (not at a Tesla store) Model 3 by looking at the car's display if it has EAP vs. FSD?

I have done a ton of Google searches, read articles and watched countless videos. I know how to determine hardware. But not if the feature is enabled on the vehicle.

Thanks

J

Is there a way for me to determine on a preowned (not at a Tesla store) Model 3 by looking at the car's display if it has EAP vs. FSD?

How old is the car? If the car is newer than when EAP was cancelled and it has NOA on the screen, then you know it is FSD. But if it is older and it has NOA on the screen, it could be either EAP or FSD. No way of knowing. Your best bet is to look at a list of the car's options. Surely, the car comes with a description that would tell you what options it comes with.

@diplomat33 's answer is spot on. The only other way to know for sure is to have the current owner send you a screenshot of their Tesla account page which details the car's specifications. That should say "Full Self Driving." If you're buying from a Tesla-oriented place online, then they should advertise that as one of the features. If they don't, chances are it doesn't have it. However, if you're browsing through online car dealer pages (which do not generally know much about Tesla), you'll get their "options" list saying things like "Air Conditioning; Power Windows; Power Steering" and so on...they would have no clue about FSD or what it is...in those cases, even asking the dealer will get you nowhere in most cases...but it can't hurt to ask. Tesla won't tell you anything about a car that is not yours (or theirs). Unfortunately.

...The cars I'm looking at are all in service no later than Feb 19 so there's a chance they are EAP rather than FSD...

Date is a good indicator but I would not feel comfortable by just relying on the date.

I would feel more comfortable that there's proof that whether EAP or FSD were paid.

Those should be clearly shown on the Monroney Sticker or some kind of receipts if bought later.

Thanks @diplomat33 and @gaspi101 ! Really helpful info.

The cars I'm looking at are all in service no later than Feb 19 so there's a chance they are EAP rather than FSD. I need to do some more research with these dealers. No one is local so it makes it a bit of a hassle to do the leg work.

Thanks again!

J

We’re here to help! If I may ask, have you considered Tesla-specific sites like Only Used Tesla | A Place Exclusively Dedicated To Buying And Selling Used Teslas and https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ ? There are others, but these are the ones I know are the most popular. I myself bought a used Model X from Onlyusedtesla.com, paying abou $20k less than it would have cost buying a used one directly from Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: arghx7