Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 price change in Canada today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Canadian price has gone up to $549,90 today, thinking it was $52,990 last week.

Placed order for base Tesla Model 3 , White with black interior , 18" wheels for $46,389 less the $5000 EV rebate / total $41,389

Considered the 2022 Ford Escape PHEV Titanium which is $43,794 after $2500 EV rebate before tax and has 60km total EV range with 9.2 sec 0-60mph ( too slow for my taste )

Considered the VW ID4 but additional fees of $2637 bring total price to $49,383 which is actual more expensive than the base Tesla Model 3

Could not believe loan approved within 10 minutes

Dan

151 km seems low but better than 60 km EV range from Ford Escape PHEV and not sure of range of Mazda MX30

Ruled out the 2022 Toyota Prius Prime as the FWD and 10.2 0-60 sec time was deal breaker

Reactions: SilverGS
The Canadian price has gone up to $549,90 today, thinking it was $52,990 last week.

Placed order for base Tesla Model 3 , White with black interior , 18" wheels for $46,389 less the $5000 EV rebate / total $41,389

Considered the 2022 Ford Escape PHEV Titanium which is $43,794 after $2500 EV rebate before tax and has 60km total EV range with 9.2 sec 0-60mph ( too slow for my taste )

Considered the VW ID4 but additional fees of $2637 bring total price to $49,383 which is actual more expensive than the base Tesla Model 3

Could not believe loan approved within 10 minutes

Dan

151 km seems low but better than 60 km EV range from Ford Escape PHEV and not sure of range of Mazda MX30

Ruled out the 2022 Toyota Prius Prime as the FWD and 10.2 0-60 sec time was deal breaker
Just heads up that your range will drop 30% + during winter

I felt that even 50% drop was acceptable bringing it to 75 kms which is still better than 60 kms on 2022 Ford Escape PHEV or 67.5 kms on 2022 Toyota RAV 4 Prime as I would refuse to use gas on these Phev's

Dan
I have spoken with a couple of SR owners and they regret making the purchase. If at all possible spend the extra ~$8K and get the SR+.

If you can't, save up until you can.

IMHO, you'd be better to get a car such as the hyundai ioniq. Similar format, better range, DC charging possibilities, lower price point. Lots of qualities in this car and would take it any time over an limited range 150km tesla. I have both a MS and a ioniq, we like both our cars. MS breaks more often, is more costly, gives a lot more emotions. ;)
Enjoy your new car !

2021 Hyundai Ioniq is FWD, 0-100km/h sec 7.6 sec, top speed 167 km/h

2022 Tesla Model 3 is RWD, 0-100 km/h 5.6 sec, top speed 225 km/h

Would never consider product from Hyundai or Kia

Not sure why everyone only thinks of range only, that the other aspects do not matter such as handling , performance, whether you like the styling of interior or exterior

Dan

2021 Hyundai Ioniq is FWD, 0-100km/h sec 7.6 sec, top speed 167 km/h

2022 Tesla Model 3 is RWD, 0-100 km/h 5.6 sec, top speed 225 km/h

Would never consider product from Hyundai or Kia
The new Ioniq's fast charging also sucks hard, being slow and suffering from inescapable coldgating.
They use the same cells as the Kona, but it's a smaller, lower-voltage pack. They took one of the 2 good things about the Ioniq and removed it.

I'm not saying the ioniq is the most powerful one, just that given the same choice, most of the population would probably opt for the cheaper one with the most range. I've just read what you posted in the forum and you are really looking for the most performance over practicability. Like I said, the tesla gives more emotion than the ioniq.

itsnotaboutthemoney : It's better to be topped at 40-45kw DC max speed with a 30kw average than 7,7kw AC on the tesla.
I have a 2019 ioniq and boy does it charge fast ! :)

I'm not saying the ioniq is the most powerful one, just that given the same choice, most of the population would probably opt for the cheaper one with the most range. I've just read what you posted in the forum and you are really looking for the most performance over practicability. Like I said, the tesla gives more emotion than the ioniq.

itsnotaboutthemoney : It's better to be topped at 40-45kw DC max speed with a 30kw average than 7,7kw AC on the tesla.
I have a 2019 ioniq and boy does it charge fast ! :)
For me, 2nd choice would be VW ID4 RWD but I prefer the Tesla interface, software and it is more modern looking to me plus best performance

Not sure why everyone only thinks of range only, that the other aspects do not matter such as handling , performance, whether you like the styling of interior or exterior

Dan
Range is as important (or more important) to most people then performance. Its nice to have the handling of a Ferrari but if you got to charge it up every 100km or so its a pain. The SR range is only good for errands around town. If that's all you do it may work but for the majority of people they need a car that is more versatile and can accomodate longer trips on weekends and holidays.

Also keep in mind of the resale value. I don't foresee a big 2nd hand market for the limited range SR.
Agreed. It reminds me of the Model S 40 that was briefly sold in 2012, the first year of S production. It was a software limited version of the S 60. Very few were sold as the range was so low. I expect they were very hard to re-sell privately. If they were traded in to Tesla then Tesla would simply remove the software restriction and sell them as an S 60.

If I was to change to Standard Range Plus version, would require changing to lease or length of finance loan. Seems to be no way to edit design on the Tesla app

Dan
I recall seeing a "modify" link on my account if I wanted to modify my existing order but I may be wrong but I am sure if you email a Tesla rep they can modify your order if you decide to upgrade to a SR+. My loan terms on my soon to be delivered SR+ is not bad at $0 down 60 months @2.35%, monthly payment $908.

When I look at the tesla website I see two different prices for the SR, SR+ and LR. The higher price is the one which shows when I click through to make a dummy order. For example for the SR I see $46389 and $48389. Do others see this? Does this mean SR and SR+ are no longer eligible for the ZEV incentive? Or perhaps it's a glitch on the website... I ordered an SR+ in Aug and am waiting for delivery so hopefully this won't change anything for existing orders...
Screenshot_20211023-203607_Chrome.jpg