Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 price increase... again...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they are including the delivery + fees in the price, then that’s a terrible idea IMO. Like, everyone will see a higher number and have a negative effect of them purchasing one. Sure, it’s the same total but psychologically higher. The same reason they use $99.99 instead of $100.00. $99.99 seems way less to the average person than $100.00. But what do I know?

Reactions: McFlurri
If they are including the delivery + fees in the price, then that’s a terrible idea IMO. Like, everyone will see a higher number and have a negative effect of them purchasing one. Sure, it’s the same total but psychologically higher. The same reason they use $99.99 instead of $100.00. $99.99 seems way less to the average person than $100.00. But what do I know?
On the other hand, all manufacturers say "$xxxx + delivery fees." It's always bugged me.

No it’s not. You have to pay for delivery. Other companies include it in the price, try playing with the BMW build tool, it includes it.

I’d rather they display the price you have to pay then some BS number like they do with the “gas savings” garbage they do.

Reactions: gbertsch
Given that they won't want to include it in the displayed price, I assume law.
Buying a Car? All-in pricing is the law! | Advice | ON the GO Magazine

Since Tesla wouldn't want to include it there, I can only assume it's some pesky consumer protection law getting in the way. I expect they have been leaned on to make the change by Ontario or a consumer group.

If you look at what is says for Canadians on the final page it's
"Excluding taxes
Includes $1,300 destination and documentation fee and $10 OMVIC fee."

USA buyers get

"Excluding taxes and fees"