Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Price Increase - Mid Oct 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wheels also grey now
Good observation!

New SR+ Range.JPG

So what does this mean for those of us that have deposited $2500? I thought that $2500 represented a sufficient commitment - to let Tesla know we are serious, and that the order is serious. It kind of puts Tesla in a position where they should take us seriously.

$100 on a $50,000+ car does not sound very serious. What does it take for Tesla to take us seriously?

our orders are in.,.

we got our prices locked in...
im just wondering if they have the old wheels left or if we just get new darker wheels for free..

it also says 8-10 weeks now for the performance which is bs

So what does this mean for those of us that have deposited $2500? I thought that $2500 represented a sufficient commitment - to let Tesla know we are serious, and that the order is serious. It kind of puts Tesla in a position where they should take us seriously.

$100 on a $50,000+ car does not sound very serious. What does it take for Tesla to take us seriously?

Tesla pays credit card fees on the $2500. The amount they pay across hundreds of thousands of orders is in the millions.

Credit card fee on your $100 is tiny. And because its not refundable, they still weed out the jokers. So it is a solid play.

You already have a deposit down, right? Then there would be nothing you would need to worry about for that. The extra $100 is likely to discourage people from putting in multiple orders, and then canceling the one they dont want. Multiple people have done that in the past especially on used teslas.

I believe you know that your "2500 shows you are serious", you just are unhappy with telsas order process. This is likely going to be a very long, very angry few weeks for you while you wait for your car.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel_6
So, whoever has pending orders now would have to pay more for the same car if they decide to cancel their current orders.

For some reason I have the impression that this a signal that deliveries will be pushed to the end of the quarter.

Interesting note for people who bought an SR+ right before AP became standard, we're effectively back at price parity with new vehicles.

I bought at the end of Q1 and paid $40,500 for a solid black SR+ with Autopilot ($37,500 for the car, $3,000 for the AP).

My price changed as well, I ordered on 10/3 M3P W/W FSD. I also noticed that the 2 week estimate on my Tesla page is now removed. "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

P3D is $56,990 base now which translates to +$1,000 increase.
Yes, you are correct! I made a mistake. Here is the correction:

SR+ = + USD $500 / + CAD $900
LRD = + USD $0 / - CAD $100
P3D = + USD $1,000 / + CAD $900

Solid Black Exterior = + USD $250 / + CAD $300

Due Today = USD $100 (non-refundable) / CAD $3,200 (refundable)

Estimated Delivery: Within 6 - 10 weeks

• Informative
Reactions: Daniel_6
Yes, you are correct! I made a mistake. Here is the correction:

SR+ = + USD $500 / + CAD $900
LRD = + USD $0 / - CAD $100
P3D = + USD $1,000 / + CAD $900

Solid Black Exterior = + USD $250 / + CAD $300

Due Today = USD $100 (non-refundable) / CAD $3,200 (refundable)

Estimated Delivery: Within 6 - 10 weeks

P3D was $54,990 in early Aug for a short time and then $55,990 during Q3. But for $56,990 at least the wheels now come with a new color (those who ordered couple of days ago for $56,990 didn't have the new color, though).