Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Price Reduction and the MA MOR-EV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's $2k Model 3 price reduction brings the Model 3 LR down to a price point in where it qualifies for the $2500 rebate in Massachusetts!

Model 3 prices are now:

SR+: $37,990
LR AWD: $46,990
M3P: $54,990

Funny enough I was in Warwick, RI test driving both the Model Y LR and the Model 3 SR+. Ideally I wanted the Model 3 LR, but it didn't qualify for the rebate, this deduction has now pushed me over to go Model 3 LR!

Excited to order!

Reactions: JWardell and BrianF
I am in a similar boat. Waiting on a VIN for a Model Y, but with the drop of $2000 from the price, it makes it so it can get the rebate which really makes it a drop of $4500. This makes is $8500 cheaper than the Y which makes it a lot harder for me to consider the Y vs when the Y was only $4000 more expensive.

I am in a similar boat. Waiting on a VIN for a Model Y, but with the drop of $2000 from the price, it makes it so it can get the rebate which really makes it a drop of $4500. This makes is $8500 cheaper than the Y which makes it a lot harder for me to consider the Y vs when the Y was only $4000 more expensive.

Funny how everything works.

I was so torn between the Y and the 3, but this deduction really made it easier for me to pick the 3 LR, since it now easily qualifies for the MOR-EV rebate!

I think this is exactly why they did the price drop, to get people on the fence between the Y and something else, to not choose the Y, this keeps demand up for the other models compared to the newest one, and because they can produce the other models faster (for now) it's quicker delivery for customers, and quicker revenue for Tesla :)

Reactions: venezing

This is exactly where I stand too. I was so sure before that I wanted the Y. Now I have some real thinking to do...

Picked up a Model 3 performance a few days before the price cut. Glad to see many people getting rebates now at the very least. Before seeing this I assumed it was just some corporate shenanigans but I feel much better better taking a minor loss knowing it was likely to enable this rebate!