Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 price reduction to come?

is the price of the model 3 dropping

• yes (the price is getting reduced)

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • no ( the price is staying the same)

Votes: 112 74.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if there is a price cut expect for something to come out of the car. Homelink is gone, Floor Mats are gone, quality control is gone. Who knows whats next.
There's a few people I've talked to in other threads that have gotten HomeLink in the last week or so. I'm one of them and man I was surprised. You can still find those things if you're willing to look at existing stock or a lightly used one. Sure is cool to see that green drop- down with the gate and garage doors listed. Fobs sux! Good luck with your purchase, which ever way you go. They are bitchin rides.

BTW- the freaking door gaps on our LR AWD are within 1/16" for all four doors. We heard the same thing, hurried production, crappy paint and sunroof joints. The freaking car is almost perfect! I've washed it twice now and other than one small hard water spot just in front of the passenger side mirror, the blue paint is georgeous. Same story with the interior.
Be glad you waited for them to work out the bugs but don't wait too long and screw yourself out of even more standard items taken away.

There's a few people I've talked to in other threads that have gotten HomeLink in the last week or so. I'm one of them and man I was surprised. You can still find those things if you're willing to look at existing stock or a lightly used one. Sure is cool to see that green drop- down with the gate and garage doors listed. Fobs sux! Good luck with your purchase, which ever way you go. They are bitchin rides.

I was also pleasantly surprised to get the homelink included on a 6/9 purchase. The GPS aware auto open and fold mirrors is really nice.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
My guess (pure speculation) for post-July 1:

Model 3 Standard Range Plus drops from $39,900 to $37,900
Model 3 Standard Range Premium (i.e. same as Plus but with the full premium interior) introduced at the $39,900 price point
Model 3 Long Range AWD remains at $49,900
Model 3 Performance remains at $59,900

Model 3 Standard Range and Model 3 Long Range RWD completely eliminated from off-menu.

Model 3 Standard Range Premium (i.e. same as Plus but with the full premium interior) introduced at the $39,900 price point

Model 3 Standard Range and Model 3 Long Range RWD completely eliminated from off-menu.

I will place my long awaited order if SR+ drops to that price

BTW- the freaking door gaps on our LR AWD are within 1/16" for all four doors. We heard the same thing, hurried production, crappy paint and sunroof joints. The freaking car is almost perfect! I've washed it twice now and other than one small hard water spot just in front of the passenger side mirror, the blue paint is georgeous. Same story with the interior.
Be glad you waited for them to work out the bugs but don't wait too long and screw yourself out of even more standard items taken away.

right. there's a sweet spot for them to work out the bugs but don't wait too long for changes. I'm already unhappy about them stripping the SR. Luckily nothing to expensive to replace like carpet, adapters.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I am surprised only $2k is holding you back from ordering? Tax credit is worth $1,875 more this month vs. next month and you can probably save that much in gas by not waiting any longer. Gotta jump in at some point.

I don't qualify for the $3,750 as I don't owe that amount in federal tax.

I've been driving a Smart ED which is super cheap to charge and also an RX-8 which gets 17 MPG. Ya.... I know....

I have waited so long. Not much longer now

I don't qualify for the $3,750 as I don't owe that amount in federal tax.

I've been driving a Smart ED which is super cheap to charge and also an RX-8 which gets 17 MPG. Ya.... I know....

I have waited so long. Not much longer now

Gotcha. Well, I hope it works out. I bought two of these darn things in the past two months, so I am all in. I am really starting to appreciate the $300 a month we are saving in gas. I had to change the 3% cash back setting on the credit card from gas to online shopping. :)

I'm also hoping that SR is eliminated to help Tesla's bottom line (and make my SR a unicorn). Any one know how many SRs have sold so far. Not sure if Tesla will release that specific trim data.