TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 pricing spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by h2sux2, Aug 3, 2017.

1. h2sux2

h2sux2 Member

Pricing has been a big topic since the last event. So I'm hoping this would be helpful.
    Crunching numbers on combo options? Need a reality check on what you can afford?
    Take a look at this spreadsheet I put together.

Tesla Model 3 pricing

If you want me to add a tab for your State, comment here with your State, tax, and State incentives.
    Enjoy!

• Helpful x 5
    • Love x 3
  2. grashelm

grashelm Member

Nice job!!!

• Like x 1
  3. C141medic

C141medic Member

Please add NJ. No taxes for EV purchased in NJ. No other incentives for the state that I know of

4. h2sux2

h2sux2 Member

NJ is there already

5. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

You can add Oregon if you want. $2500 rebate in 2018. Cars less than $50k

What's does the peach color in the price column signify?

6. C141medic

C141medic Member

Thanks. Just saw that after I opened the spreadsheet.:eek:

7. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Anything like that in NY?

8. h2sux2

h2sux2 Member

OR added. I think it would have the cheapest Model 3 in the country! It beats CO! (UPDATE: not it doesn't - CO still wins, but it's pretty damn good! :) )

I wanted to highlight the combos that would be most interesting in my opinion. Loaded, Base bare bones, and what I might get... Base, Premium, Color.

• Like x 1
  9. C141medic

C141medic Member

• Helpful x 1
  10. wagonwheel

wagonwheel Member

Can you provide a link to verify this upcoming Oregon rebate? I've heard the rumor, but haven't seen or read anything definitive yet.
    Thanks!

11. Mishakim

Mishakim Member

You can add Massachusetts: 6.25% tax (same as any new car or other retail purchase), $2500 rebate (till money runs out)

12. h2sux2

h2sux2 Member

Added

13. mwoody999

mwoody999 New Member

Why is CO sales tax listed at 2.9%?. It should be 7.9% on average.

14. wagonwheel

wagonwheel Member

To answer my own question, the link detailing the Oregon rebate can be found here: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB2017/A-Engrossed

However, in addition to the $2,500 EV rebate, there will also be a "Charge Ahead" program that will provide up to $2,500 in addition to the EV rebate! As stated in the house bill, some of the requirements for the Charge Ahead program are:

"To be eligible for a charge ahead rebate, a person requesting a rebate under the program
    must:
    (a) Be a member of a low income household or a moderate income household.
    (b) Reside in an area of this state that has elevated concentrations of air contaminants
    commonly attributable to motor vehicle emissions, such as particulate matter, benzene and
    nitrogen oxides, relative to other areas of the state.
    (c) Document that the person will scrap or otherwise render inoperable a high-emission
    passenger motor vehicle that, on the date of the rebate application, is registered as operable
    and has been continuously registered for the last two years.
    (10) If a charge ahead rebate recipient intends to sell the vehicle, or otherwise terminate
    the vehicle lease before the end of 24 months, the charge ahead rebate recipient shall.... reimburse the administrator for the entire charge ahead rebate amount.
    "

Their definitions of low and moderate income household are:
    "(d) “Low income household” means a household with income less than or equal to 80
    percent of the area median income.
    (e) “Moderate income household” means a household with income less than or equal to
    120 percent and greater than 80 percent of the area median income.
    "

So while not many Model 3 purchasers are likely to qualify for the Charge Ahead program, due to the income requirements, there is the potential for some buyers to receive a combined rebate of $5,000.

• Like x 1
  15. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Tesla has failed. How could a simplified options menu possibly require a spreadsheet ?

Colorado:
    $5000 refundable tax credit
    $7,500 Federal non-refundable tax credit
    Taxes: Sales tax 4 - 6%, varies by county. Annual ownership tax 4.85% of msrp over the first 4 years and 0.425% in years 5-9, also some variation by county.

• Disagree x 2
  16. S3XY

S3XY Member

NY has a $2,000 tax credit.

• Like x 1
  17. TheMaverick

TheMaverick Member

Great summary!
    Just FYI for all California buyers, the $2500 incentive is now only available to folks below or equal to 300 percent of the federal poverty level. All other applicants go an waiting list until more funds become available.

18. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

MD tax credit only applies to cars up to $60K, so a loaded version would not qualify.

19. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

#19 SageBrush, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    ok ... I'm a hobbyist dabbler in spreadsheets, so when I saw OP's long list of permutations I had to try and simplify:

Try this one
    Set you choices, and have cash ready ;-)
    If other users are playing with the spreadsheet at the same time, you can always grab your own personal copy.

If you add data to the 'States' spreadsheet, please sort the states column afterwards. It makes for easier reading and the drop-down menu is then alphabetized. The states that have restrictions on who can qualify is not implemented correctly

Addendum: Error corrected ... sorry.

• Like x 1
  20. CarlitoDoc

CarlitoDoc Member

Very nice. One question though: How come sales tax for WA shows as 6.5% . The Sales tax in Bellevue where one of the Tesla stores is comes to 9.5% . Maybe it's different for vehicles??