Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 pricing spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok ... I'm a hobbyist dabbler in spreadsheets, so when I saw OP's long list of permutations I had to try and simplify:

Try this one
Set you choices, and have cash ready ;-)
If other users are playing with the spreadsheet at the same time, you can always grab your own personal copy.

If you add data to the 'States' spreadsheet, please sort the states column afterwards. It makes for easier reading and the drop-down menu is then alphabetized. The states that have restrictions on who can qualify is not implemented correctly

Addendum: Error corrected ... sorry.

Cool!
I thought about pivot tables too, but I actually wanted to see all prices at once to really see what combos were in my target price range.
Also, in yours it looks like the tax is applied after the incentives? Total seemed short when I tested with CA.
And the delivery has been set $1000 from the configuration screenshots available.

The CT tax incentive is not correct and should be removed all together. Tesla's are not eligible due to this clause:
"Rebates of up to $5,000 are available and rebate amounts are based on the battery size of the vehicle. Vehicles must be highway capable, have a base MSRP under $60,000 and be sold by a licensed Connecticut franchised new automobile dealership to be program eligible. Battery electric vehicles (BEV), fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV), and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) are eligible for the following rebates: "

For the 3rd year in a row, the democratic legislature did not vote on allowing Tesla's to be sold directly to consumer in CT. They are beholden to the automobile dealerships of connecticut. Of course CT has a 1.5 billion dollar deficit their dealing with so why would they want to collect sales tax on all of the Model 3's about to be sold??? We purchase our Tesla's in MA and pay them sale's tax with a paltry .25% going back to CT.

Reactions: h2sux2
Can you add NY to the spreadsheet?

$2000 rebate - Tesla Shunned By New York State's New Drive Clean Rebate Program

"Fortunately, most – if not all – Tesla Model 3 sedans will qualify for the Drive Clean rebate. Though the car is supposed to start at $35,000, Tesla CEO Elon Musk maintains that the “average” Model 3 will be around $42,000. Most well-equipped Model 3’s should still fall under the $60,000 threshold. So, New York state residents can knock $9,500 off, until the federal rebate goes away. All (both) other current long range electric vehicles will also enjoy the rebate (i.e. Chevrolet Bolt, next-gen Nissan LEAF). It’s too bad that the upcoming Kia Soul EV will likely fall just short of the cutoff."

The rebate in Massachusetts is $1,000 for the S and X since it is based on the cost of the vehicle.
75% ($3.5m) of the available funds have already been used but not sure when funding will run out.
Very possible the lower cost Model 3 will be higher rebate but we will have to wait since it is not yet on the list.

Eligible Vehicles List | MOR-EV
Why is the EV rebate in MA only $1,000 for Model S and X but higher for Bolt, Leaf, etc. • r/teslamotors
View attachment 239575
Ah, thanks, I didn't know they had changed the rebate amount, and didn't see that when I checked. But the thread you linked includes the details, and the cutoff of for the full rebate is 60K sticker, so the 3 should be fine even fully-loaded at 59,500, unless they change the rules again. Also note what while the graph shows 75% of available funds used, that's just the latest funding. It has been replenished several times since the program began.

Edit: I looked again, it's base MSRP, not sticker, so the Model 3 is easily under the 60K, and they'd have to drop the limit quite a bit to exclude it.

first and foremost - thank you for the awesome spreadsheet. Ive been crunching the numbers in my head and trying to explain them to the fiancé but this will make it much easier!

I am new to this EV world and you all seem knowledgeable so I have 2 questions for you guys.

(1) where exactly do you go to find if your state offers additional incentives - I will be doing a full google search after this but I didn't know if there was a database or something for this kind of info.
(2) I live in the best state in the continental US - IOWA. However, because Iowa hates good things we do not allow Tesla dealers in our state. This means I will purchase and have delivery of my model 3 in Chicago mid next year. Since the car will be registered in Iowa, I should be looking for Iowa rebates and incentives right?

"Fortunately, most – if not all – Tesla Model 3 sedans will qualify for the Drive Clean rebate. Though the car is supposed to start at $35,000, Tesla CEO Elon Musk maintains that the “average” Model 3 will be around $42,000. Most well-equipped Model 3’s should still fall under the $60,000 threshold. So, New York state residents can knock $9,500 off, until the federal rebate goes away. All (both) other current long range electric vehicles will also enjoy the rebate (i.e. Chevrolet Bolt, next-gen Nissan LEAF). It’s too bad that the upcoming Kia Soul EV will likely fall just short of the cutoff."
The part I wonder about is the requirement of purchasing through a registered dealer. Now there currently are 3 registered Tesla "dealers", all of which are in the NYC area. What does that mean for me, being almost 500 miles away? Can my direct sale be somehow routed through one of these "dealers"? Will Tesla open and register a popup shop upstate for deliveries around here?

Pricing has been a big topic since the last event. So I'm hoping this would be helpful.
Crunching numbers on combo options? Need a reality check on what you can afford?
Take a look at this spreadsheet I put together.

Tesla Model 3 pricing

If you want me to add a tab for your State, comment here with your State, tax, and State incentives.
Enjoy!
This is fabulous, thank you for posting.

The part I wonder about is the requirement of purchasing through a registered dealer. Now there currently are 3 registered Tesla "dealers", all of which are in the NYC area. What does that mean for me, being almost 500 miles away? Can my direct sale be somehow routed through one of these "dealers"? Will Tesla open and register a popup shop upstate for deliveries around here?

I would think registered dealers applies to the ICE manufacturers selling EVs as Tesla is the only place that sells Tesla cars.

The CT tax incentive is not correct and should be removed all together. Tesla's are not eligible due to this clause:
"Rebates of up to $5,000 are available and rebate amounts are based on the battery size of the vehicle. Vehicles must be highway capable, have a base MSRP under $60,000 and be sold by a licensed Connecticut franchised new automobile dealership to be program eligible. Battery electric vehicles (BEV), fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV), and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) are eligible for the following rebates: "

For the 3rd year in a row, the democratic legislature did not vote on allowing Tesla's to be sold directly to consumer in CT. They are beholden to the automobile dealerships of connecticut. Of course CT has a 1.5 billion dollar deficit their dealing with so why would they want to collect sales tax on all of the Model 3's about to be sold??? We purchase our Tesla's in MA and pay them sale's tax with a paltry .25% going back to CT.

Thanks!! I had no idea, and that SUCKS! I hope CT legislators get their act together pronto.
Anyways, I removed the $3000 from the calculations.

Thanks!! I had no idea, and that SUCKS! I hope CT legislators get their act together pronto.
Anyways, I removed the $3000 from the calculations.

So sorry, but a bit of good news. I emailed CHEAPR and received this very surprising response:

"Thank you for your email. Tesla vehicles currently available on the Connecticut market (X and S) are priced over $60,000. CHEAPR has an MSRP that does not exceed $60,000 per vehicle in order to incentivize and make available more affordable cars for those with a lower spending budget. Should the Tesla Model 3 be delivered for sale while the CHEAPR program is in effect, it will be considered an eligible vehicle."

It seems we may receive something after all, depending on if they run out of money. However, I won't hold my breath.

first and foremost - thank you for the awesome spreadsheet. Ive been crunching the numbers in my head and trying to explain them to the fiancé but this will make it much easier!

I am new to this EV world and you all seem knowledgeable so I have 2 questions for you guys.

(1) where exactly do you go to find if your state offers additional incentives - I will be doing a full google search after this but I didn't know if there was a database or something for this kind of info.
(2) I live in the best state in the continental US - IOWA. However, because Iowa hates good things we do not allow Tesla dealers in our state. This means I will purchase and have delivery of my model 3 in Chicago mid next year. Since the car will be registered in Iowa, I should be looking for Iowa rebates and incentives right?

1) The best place I found is: Incentives for Plug-in Hybrids and Electric Cars
But Tesla also has a page: Incentives

2) Most incentives require proof of registration, so you will most likely would need to apply for incentives in your area - Iowa. Federal incentives apply to all US states.

So sorry, but a bit of good news. I emailed CHEAPR and received this very surprising response:

"Thank you for your email. Tesla vehicles currently available on the Connecticut market (X and S) are priced over $60,000. CHEAPR has an MSRP that does not exceed $60,000 per vehicle in order to incentivize and make available more affordable cars for those with a lower spending budget. Should the Tesla Model 3 be delivered for sale while the CHEAPR program is in effect, it will be considered an eligible vehicle."

It seems we may receive something after all, depending on if they run out of money. However, I won't hold my breath.

Nice! Thanks for double checking.

Sure, what the Sales tax in NY?