Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 pricing spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pricing has been a big topic since the last event. So I'm hoping this would be helpful.
Crunching numbers on combo options? Need a reality check on what you can afford?
Take a look at this spreadsheet I put together.

Tesla Model 3 pricing

If you want me to add a tab for your State, comment here with your State, tax, and State incentives.
Enjoy!

Please add NJ. No taxes for EV purchased in NJ. No other incentives for the state that I know of

You can add Oregon if you want. $2500 rebate in 2018. Cars less than $50k

What's does the peach color in the price column signify?

OR added. I think it would have the cheapest Model 3 in the country! It beats CO! (UPDATE: not it doesn't - CO still wins, but it's pretty damn good! :) )

I wanted to highlight the combos that would be most interesting in my opinion. Loaded, Base bare bones, and what I might get... Base, Premium, Color.

Reactions: Ulmo
Can you provide a link to verify this upcoming Oregon rebate? I've heard the rumor, but haven't seen or read anything definitive yet.
Thanks!

To answer my own question, the link detailing the Oregon rebate can be found here: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB2017/A-Engrossed

However, in addition to the $2,500 EV rebate, there will also be a "Charge Ahead" program that will provide up to $2,500 in addition to the EV rebate! As stated in the house bill, some of the requirements for the Charge Ahead program are:

"To be eligible for a charge ahead rebate, a person requesting a rebate under the program
must:
(a) Be a member of a low income household or a moderate income household.
(b) Reside in an area of this state that has elevated concentrations of air contaminants
commonly attributable to motor vehicle emissions, such as particulate matter, benzene and
nitrogen oxides, relative to other areas of the state.
(c) Document that the person will scrap or otherwise render inoperable a high-emission
passenger motor vehicle that, on the date of the rebate application, is registered as operable
and has been continuously registered for the last two years.
(10) If a charge ahead rebate recipient intends to sell the vehicle, or otherwise terminate
the vehicle lease before the end of 24 months, the charge ahead rebate recipient shall.... reimburse the administrator for the entire charge ahead rebate amount.
"

Their definitions of low and moderate income household are:
"(d) “Low income household” means a household with income less than or equal to 80
percent of the area median income.
(e) “Moderate income household” means a household with income less than or equal to
120 percent and greater than 80 percent of the area median income.
"

So while not many Model 3 purchasers are likely to qualify for the Charge Ahead program, due to the income requirements, there is the potential for some buyers to receive a combined rebate of $5,000.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Tesla has failed. How could a simplified options menu possibly require a spreadsheet ?

Colorado:
$5000 refundable tax credit
$7,500 Federal non-refundable tax credit
Taxes: Sales tax 4 - 6%, varies by county. Annual ownership tax 4.85% of msrp over the first 4 years and 0.425% in years 5-9, also some variation by county.

ok ... I'm a hobbyist dabbler in spreadsheets, so when I saw OP's long list of permutations I had to try and simplify:

Try this one
Set you choices, and have cash ready ;-)
If other users are playing with the spreadsheet at the same time, you can always grab your own personal copy.

If you add data to the 'States' spreadsheet, please sort the states column afterwards. It makes for easier reading and the drop-down menu is then alphabetized. The states that have restrictions on who can qualify is not implemented correctly

Addendum: Error corrected ... sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lunarx