1. I think it is more complex than that. I think ideally, I'd like it to drive on the opposite side of the lane if there is a large truck or vehicle on one side, or in the case of a divided highway, on the outer edge if you are in an outer lane. But i agree on an undivided highway in the center lane it would be nice if it stayed more towards the outside of the road. I also have issues that there is too much swerve in trying to stay centered. Almost like it is using a PID controller and the damping is way off. Tesla is probably just trying to maintain too tight of a tolerance on the center of the lane to try to avoid edge cases of leaving the lane around corners.
2. I have this too whenever someone cuts across my lane, or slows down to take a turn ahead of me. I believe autopilot is not taking into account the velocity of the other vehicle, and just assumes that it is going to remain in the lane, and that result in the forward collision warnings going off when there isn't a need. This is a different setting than follow distance though, so changing following distance isn't going to help i think? Unless you are talking about when you are on the highway and someone changes into your lane ahead. I think this is similar to lane centering in that they have too tight of a tolerance that they try to maintain and that results in a sudden braking followed by speeding back up in order to get back to the correct follow distance.
3. This was really bad when i first bought my car (mid 2018) but it is way better now. I think it helps if you have NOA on, since that gives it a better idea whether it needs to go straight or make a turn.
8. I have this problem too. I found that waking up the car and turning on climate before I go out to my car helps a lot. I also find that it helps if i just take my phone out of my pocket. Or even if i just move my body so that my pocket is closer to the side mirrors. From talking to a tech, my understanding is that there are 3 BT receivers. One in each side mirror, and one near the trunk. With my phone in my right pocket, and trying to open the left door i sometimes have issues, unless i move more to the left. I also think it probably depends on your phone a bunch as well (as other people mention)
13. I haven't used it because i don't find i need to adjust the wipers much any more other than to force them off, but there are voice commands to control them.
15. My garbage can tip is to throw out garbage every time you get out of the car