Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Pulling to Right (FW Bug!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car: Model 3 VIN: 0031xx, miles 600, FW 2017.48.15
Issue: Car pulling to the right.
-Feels like alignment issue
-Have not run into any bumps or anything, just speed bumps at low speeds

Tesla update:
1. Contacts service center - they told me 3 weeks to get an appointment
2. I said no way, shouldn't drive car with this pulling/alignment
3. Before taking it in they mention it is a software bug and to put it into "Comfort" and wait for software update
-"Road crown" caused by FW
-Alignment wont resolve this issue
-Change to "Comfort" mode
-No ECD on future FW Release

I am scheduled to pickup the car tomorrow and I will update whatever they did and the results of it.
1. They gave me Model S loaner (nice)
2. Comfort mode reduced the pulling and sport mode showed the issue more
3. Software not ready yet, but plan is to ensure nothing else is wrong with it.

Picked up today with 50.11 and no sign of this issue.
Ours did not have it right away either, but after about 300 miles we started seeing it, which is why i didn't think it was a FW issue, should have been there since day one...

The reason we paid attention to this was because of another poster saying the wear on his tires around 2,000 miles was uneven and starting to feather, so we were trying to prevent this.

I suggest you monitor your wear and alignment, also more extreme in sports mode.

Ours did not have it right away either, but after about 300 miles we started seeing it, which is why i didn't think it was a FW issue, should have been there since day one...

The reason we paid attention to this was because of another poster saying the wear on his tires around 2,000 miles was uneven and starting to feather, so we were trying to prevent this.

I suggest you monitor your wear and alignment, also more extreme in sports mode.
Will do, thanks!

Check AP Icon when blue or on. Still ever so slightly to right. Even on flat non crowned road. Car stays straight with AP, but again blue steering wheel cocked ever so slight right.

Customer Support did timestamps with me on phone. Sent me email thanking me for assistance. Told also to be fixed shortly over software update. Which I have yet to get one. No wifi. Will see how long the LTE gods take.

Will check those tires now.

I have less than 600 miles on my Model 3 and have this issue.

First we thought it was just a steering wheel mount issue, then realized car was slightly pulling to right. Brought it in (Sunnyvale) and they did an alignment. When I drove it out of service, I realized it was worse, now pulling to the right stronger than before [not sure how this was cleared from service being that it was way worse.]. I pulled back into the lot and took one of the mechanics for a ride; was quite obvious to them then [miraculously!] I pick up the car tomorrow but per the invoice, it is 'road crown' and car will adjust over time. What is this (sounds like BS to me)? A $65k+ car that drives crooked (and no, this is not a design feature for safety; it's unsafe actually as you can't even take your hand off the wheel.)?!!! I'll keep you posted...

I have less than 600 miles on my Model 3 and have this issue.

First we thought it was just a steering wheel mount issue, then realized car was slightly pulling to right. Brought it in (Sunnyvale) and they did an alignment. When I drove it out of service, I realized it was worse, now pulling to the right stronger than before [not sure how this was cleared from service being that it was way worse.]. I pulled back into the lot and took one of the mechanics for a ride; was quite obvious to them then [miraculously!] I pick up the car tomorrow but per the invoice, it is 'road crown' and car will adjust over time. What is this (sounds like BS to me)? A $65k+ car that drives crooked (and no, this is not a design feature for safety; it's unsafe actually as you can't even take your hand off the wheel.)?!!! I'll keep you posted...

Exact same thing happened to me. Car pulls to right. Took it to service center then came back worse! I don't know what to do at this point... just take it in again?