Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Purchase Advice Needed!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was revealed in code by an employee who posted anonymously here. No guarantees he is correct of course but he has been fairly accurate in other posts.

Made back in Nov but some good points are made. No question the Y is crushing in pre-orders and that should only continue as deliveries are starting soon. They're going to need some new way to sell more 3's and this would do it for me...
No question.

I’ve never purchased winter tires but I assume they aren’t cheap? And you would have to have your tires changed twice a year at an addition cost. Storage space would also be needed.

You can get good winter tires without breaking the bank. I had a 2012 Mustang before I got my 3 and had a winter tire set for it. Worked out very well and I was able to drive safely with confidence through all 7 winters that I had my Mustang. Anyone that is serious about having a set of winter tires will also have an extra set of wheels to mount them on. When it was time to swap tires I just did it myself in my driveway.

I haven’t gone the winter tire route with my 3 yet, but this winter and last haven’t seen much in terms of snowfall in NJ. I may reevaluate if I do run into winter driving trouble in the future. However, anyone that is familiar with northeast winters and has a few years experience with rear wheel drive cars shouldn’t run into many problems though.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng