Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

Model 3 Purchase - Quebec

hi, I don't know if this is a duplicate question but none the less i'll give it a try. I'm looking to purchase the base model 3 (standard range plus). I'm from quebec, so I know there's an incentive of 13K between federal & provincial.
(1) is that incentive take off the top during the purchase
(2) the tesla site factors in the gas savings, but I just want to know my actual payment cost?
(3) with the incentives taken off ( assume before the sale) & the taxes & extra's, what's the true cost of purchase? meaning if i want to take out a car loan how much would i need to borrow?
(4) if there is someone in my similar situation from quebec, can you please tell me what your monthly payments are ?
(5) does tesla take trade-ins (i.e. i have a sonata 2012)

Any details about your sales experience & any surprises would be welcome info for me.
Cheers & thx
Mike.

(1) is that incentive take off the top during the purchase $5000 fed is taken off at Tesla after tax. The $8000 you have to apply to Quebec government website after you take delivery with all the PDF documents that Tesla gives you.
(2) the tesla site factors in the gas savings, but I just want to know my actual payment cost? Select actual purchase price tab on site
(3) with the incentives taken off ( assume before the sale) & the taxes & extra's, what's the true cost of purchase? meaning if i want to take out a car loan how much would i need to borrow? Base model SR+ no extras roughly $48,000 canadian with no trade in of course and your down payment to order $3250
(4) if there is someone in my similar situation from quebec, can you please tell me what your monthly payments are ? no I had a $25,000 trade in and I paid for Blue AND FSD. Maybe someone else
(5) does tesla take trade-ins (i.e. i have a sonata 2012) Yes but expect the low part of wholesale price from Canadian Black book Prices

Any details about your sales experience & any surprises would be welcome info for me.
Cheers & thx
Mike.[/QUOTE]

For any questions regarding financing, I recommend taking an appointment at the store for a test drive (either in Montréal or Québec). When I went in April, the Tesla rep and I sat down at the computer after the test drive. They have a nice spreadsheet for loan calculations. They'll explain everything regarding the loan and give you an estimate. The rep also took my info and I also got a quote for my trade in the next day by email.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC