Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Radar Detector Hardwire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, has anyone hardwire installed a radar detector in their Model 3? Apparently the BlendMount MirrorTap power cord is compatible with the Model 3, but hoping someone else has tried it, can confirm it works, and can give some pointers for removing and reinstalling the AP camera / mirror housing before I attempt it myself. Thanks!

I'm planning on hardwiring a radar detector too. I was planning on tapping into the 12v switched cigarette lighter because I was told there is no fuse box on the 3 nor is there a switched power source up by the mirror. I don't see how the mirror tap would work.

AN/ALQ-184 size and weight are contraindicated for W&B and other mission fulfillment reasons. We propose a four block development project on a cost plus basis based on A 50-W Broadband Mini-MPM for Electronic Countermeasure - IEEE Journals & Magazine, potentially yielding a form factor conformant with a wider spectrum of mission profiles while maintaining mission-accretive aesthetic properties due to a target package size under 180cm^3 (in common terms, roughly a deck of cards.)

Planning estimate for Block 1: $1.2B and 3 calendar years; 50% due on engagement.

People still use these? All the cops in my area use LiDAR.

In your area, sure. In MY area, my radar detector has paid for itself more than four times over.

Ah haha must be an old thread, totally forgot. Yet still very relevant.

Hope you don't get false positives from the front facing radar. That'd be annoying.

I haven't had any issues with my radar interfering with my radar detector. If something changes in the future, I'll adjust my strategy. Until then, still seeking a solution.