Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
rc-black.png

rc-white.png

rc-silver.png

rc-blue.png
rc-red.png

The trunk lid is different on the black and the red, even though the plate is the same. Black looks like lowest drag, but too odd looking to sell well.

Bet black moves the cd enough to round to a lower number. For example, black is .20 and silver/white/red is .21.
Did you perhaps notice a 2mm difference in the trunk lids that would account for this improvement in the drag coefficient?

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: JeffK and T34ME
IMG_2843.PNG
The trunk lid is different on the black and the red, even though the plate is the same. Black looks like lowest drag, but too odd looking to sell well.

Bet black moves the cd enough to round to a lower number. For example, black is .20 and silver/white/red is .21.
Did you perhaps notice a 2mm difference in the trunk lids that would account for this improvement in the drag coefficient?

Do you see the dining room table leaf coming out of the trunk lid on the black RC?

Maybe it is reflection. Not positive.

I noticed same license plate number for all.

The 2-3 digits to the right of the "63277" is different for each manufacturer plate. One manufacturer plate (differentiated by the 2-3 digits) is usually assigned to one person (from my understanding as told to me by someone that works at an auto manufacturer/distributor).

I've been trying to collect RC pics and separate them by the different manufacturer plates.. but the plates are usually not readable.. but heres what I have so far:

Silver one (recently spotted at HQ) - 4N
White one (spotted on 280 a number of times)- 86M (or B6M)
New White one (spotted at HQ recently) - xN (definitely 2 digits, cant make out 1st digit, so this one is different from first one)
Red one (spotted at HQ) - 9N

• Informative
Reactions: Bokonon
The 2-3 digits to the right of the "63277" is different for each manufacturer plate. One manufacturer plate (differentiated by the 2-3 digits) is usually assigned to one person (from my understanding as told to me by someone that works at an auto manufacturer/distributor).

I've been trying to collect RC pics and separate them by the different manufacturer plates.. but the plates are usually not readable.. but heres what I have so far:

Silver one (recently spotted at HQ) - 4N
White one (spotted on 280 a number of times)- 86M (or B6M)
New White one (spotted at HQ recently) - xN (definitely 2 digits, cant make out 1st digit, so this one is different from first one)
Red one (spotted at HQ) - 9N
Black first spotted in the wild - 7H

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde