Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More pictures are in this thread:
Most likely the configuration I'd order. Maybe even 2.

Edit. Hope QwiksilverA4 won' mind, I'm linking them here too for easy viewing.

img_6905-jpg.236390

img_6907-jpg.236391

img_6910-jpg.236392

img_6912-jpg.236393

img_6908-jpg.236395
Wow....the front lights on that model S next to it are very aggressive looking.

Bolt is 3600 pounds.

Model S 60kWh (which is actually 75kWh) is around 4500 pounds.

Model 3 is probably around 15% less than Model S 60kWh, so about 3800 pounds.

So it's not that much a difference in terms of weight. The Model 3 also has a huge aero advantage.

Just FYI the original Model S 60 was around 4300 pounds. It's hard to know for sure what the Model 3 is going to weigh, it will probably have more steel than the Model S, but it is about 10% smaller by volume. However, most of the weight of the Model S is not in that extra volume, it's in parts of the car that is going to take up similar space between the two cars. The new inverter and drive unit is a little lighter than the Model S and the 2170 is more energy dense than the original Model S batteries.

There are so many variables all I can say is the Model 3 base version will probably weigh less than the original Model S 60, but it could only be 100 pounds, or it could be 500 pounds. Hard to say at this point.

View attachment 236454 I wasn't going to say anything (because everyone along with Myself!!! Is exstatic with the Midnight Silver showing up!):D but would love some input on this....hopefully it's on the outside but appears not. Is this the dreaded water 'In' the tail light that plagued the 'S'?

Ski
Oh no.....its broken already.

There is going to be a 30 car recall on the 28th.

Last edited: