Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I don't know why the folks are ignoring the LATCH points on the deck. If it were removable those LATCH points would have to be on the back seats.
If we go way back to the reveal when the video was playing behind Elon, the 3 buildup that showed the body structure definitely showed a metal crosspiece bridging across that area.

Best image I could find without making one myself from the video, but the first picture clearly shows the parcel shelf structure.
Fotor_145949627907087.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Waiting4M3
Also at that angle it could just be the bottom of the window brace we are looking at. We are talking about the distance from the back of the back seat to the bottom of the glass. If that is open it will make Tesla Camping in the M3 more comfortable.

-Randy

Also at that angle it could just be the bottom of the window brace we are looking at. We are talking about the distance from the back of the back seat to the bottom of the glass. If that is open it will make Tesla Camping in the M3 more comfortable.

-Randy
If actually watch the video you will get better view. It is definitely not just at the back of the window. Structurally it has to be full shelf since there is no crossbeam across the top where a normal rear window would be. If the parcel shelf was removable or only small structural piece, the roof and rear trunk structure would not be strong enough.

If you want to camp in the 3, you fold the seats down and then put your legs into the trunk with your head facing the front. That way have a nice sky view through the large back window.

Reactions: sigmo32 and DR61
Many things have changed since. I wouldn't take anything else than those stated facts from reveal as certain.
True, but something structural like that would be a significant change and am quite certain it is a large fixed shelf for reasons I mention in my post above. Plus with the LATCH system attachement points behind the headrests they need solid structure to attach to.

I'm interested to know if those are speakers on the rear shelf behind the headrests and what is the logo on them?
Or are they something else?

I think you are referring to the three LATCH anchor points behind each headrest?, where you flip a lid and a structural anchor for a 'belt' that comes from the top of carseats securing the upper part.
It's great that they are thinking of 3 positions for carseats. Other cars we have support LATCH on the sides but it's plain olde seatbelt in the middle.

Pure battery electrics coming out in the future and still sporting a grill will look more than a little dated, in my opinion.
Even the rather nice Jaguar I-Pace was treated to a dose of the retro-look.

[And Lexus, you're still not forgiven for butchering the original SC400's superbly clean front.]

Nothing shown there signifies dual motor. For suspension and other testing/tuning, even on rear wheel drive, they would have the same testing setup. Equipment like shown is typically used in testing suspension travel and dampening.
First time I've seen front wheel sensors on a Model 3. Last time I saw it on an MS it was dual motor testing. But who knows.