Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question for anyone who has seen an RC steering wheel in person....

So I was in my wife's car a noticed a black matte surface and it's where indicator lights are. Indicator lights wouldn't count as a display. As far as we know the Model 3 steering wheel does not have indicator lights on that lower section does it?

0FYWas.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
Quick question for anyone who has seen an RC steering wheel in person....

So I was in my wife's car a noticed a black matte surface and it's where indicator lights are. Indicator lights wouldn't count as a display. As far as we know the Model 3 steering wheel does not have indicator lights on that lower section does it?
That would be a bad spot for warning lights imo. I don't look at the lower portion of my steering wheel ever. The screen makes much more sense.

I saw my first model 3 on the road today. Would you believe it was in Teslin, Yukon Territory, Canada. I didn't get a photo but it definitly was a model 3. Must be a pre production car. I assume it is getting charge at RV parks along the way. There are no Superchargers within a thousand miles of here.

Reactions: AlanSqB
Electronically adjustable through touch screen (similar to sunroof in the Model S)?
I agree it's unlikely, but not impossible. They have electronic vent controls already for diverting air (outside/recirculate, foot vents, face vents, windshield vents), so it's not out of the realm of possibility to make the output vent electronically controlled also.
From the Motor Trend and Wired piece, looks like how air diverting is done is exactly what I mentioned. The air vents are controlled by the touch screen.
Exclusive: Tesla Model 3 First Drive Review - Motor Trend
I Drove a Tesla Model 3. Here’s What You Need to Know

20 minutes in this video shows how it works:
upload_2017-7-29_0-4-36.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JoaoD and EVie'sDad