Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
link? I recall seeing a korean news story saying Hankook had a deal with Tesla, not that Tesla announced that's what they would be using.
The release candidates, with photos clear enough to make out the tires, have Continentals.

Tesla Model 3 Tire Supplier Chosen - Video

Tesla selects Hankook Tire as main supplier for Model 3 tires

Yes, all reports seem to use the same Korean report. Most manufacturers have a main and secondary suppliers for tires. It doesn't seem unreasonable that they will be Hankook and Continental.

Last edited:
Here is the red car vs the unveiling:
full

The tire size for the unveiling is 275/30R20, Michelin BTW. The angle makes it harder to compare. Tesla announced that the Model 3 will be using Hankook tires made in Tennessee.
Yeah but the red car in this recent sighting has maybe a 225/45/18 or a 235/40/19

Way skinnier than the reveal cars setup

Yeah but the red car in this recent sighting has maybe a 225/45/18 or a 235/40/19

Way skinnier than the reveal cars setup

Has anyone managed to magnify smaller wheels to check exact tire dimensions? This is what I see offered by Hankook for 225/45/18
Hankook Ventus S1 Evo K107 225/45 ZR18 95Y XL with rim protection (MFS) SBL SBL - mytyres.co.uk

For model 3 we will probably get one specially made by Hankook but I just hope the roll resistance and road noise factors are better than their general offerings because the competition certainly seem better.

Last edited:
Body alignment is very BAD :-(... Other RC candidates seemed to be of a better quality. Different gaps sizes, the front bumper/front left body panel alignment is a disaster. Looks like it has a minor dent also, maybe that's why...

Yep, somebody in a Bolt backed into the front fender out of spite! :mad: Don't worry alignment and gaps will be fine in the production models.

Great to see the rc's out and about

There must have been someone hiding in the bushes with a camera!
View attachment 227126

:p

My only regret is that I have but one funny to give. +100 internets to you, sir. :D

Melissa McCarthy?

Has anyone managed to magnify smaller wheels to check exact tire dimensions? This is what I see offered by Hankook for 225/45/18
Hankook Ventus S1 Evo K107 225/45 ZR18 95Y XL with rim protection (MFS) SBL SBL - mytyres.co.uk
Can we keep this to Model 3 Mule Sightings?

Reactions: SteveG3