Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't expect that,BUT I was hoping there wouldn't be a cross bar separating the front glass from the rear. I'd guess that regardless of whether we eventually choose a panno roof or the fixed glass there will likely be a cross bar.....

Oh and of course (unlike every other manufacturer out there) there is no sliding shade to cover the glass.

I really hope that isn't going to be happening to my kids in the summer!

If the glass is anything like the Model S glass, the car won't need an internal sunscreen. Your comparative pictures would likely be the same (or better, because you can still see out the glass).

I can vouch for testing the glass roof in 108 degree Arizona sunshine, and this past week in Reno 98 degree sunshine. It's fabulous. Totally comfortable in the car in Arizona, even when stuck for 1.5 hours in an accident-induced holdup
½ mile ahead.

Wild speculation is what happens in the echo chamber of tesla forums, as has been pointed out, that's what we do best :)
The problem comes when some folks take those speculations and transfer them into "facts".
The next step after that is the interminable "I'm going to cancel" posts because some speculation doesn't meet an imagined need based on another speculation :confused::confused:
It's probably going to get more intense as the days slowly tick by to production release.
Sooooo... I "liked" this post, because I think it totally describes what is going to happen (some might call that "speculation"!! :)). But I don't like that the problem will likely happen. It's frustrating.

Reactions: R.S
Sooooo... I "liked" this post, because I think it totally describes what is going to happen (some might call that "speculation"!! :)). But I don't like that the problem will likely happen. It's frustrating.

I guess that's why other companies just show absurd concept cars and don't really talk too much about their upcoming actual cars.

With Tesla we all have become kind of used to continuous info flow, but instead of just being happy with what we get, we usually over analyze everything and get so used to our own speculation, that we think that's what we are going to get.

Tesla's year long tease has made us overhype the car to an extent, that it will be hard to exceed, or in some cases even meet, expectations.

I hope they are more secretive about their future cars and then release all information about it, once they feel comfortable with telling the public(as well as their competition).

Man, this thread needs fresh pics of the 3. :)
Since it's possible that production will start in less than a week, they are probably ramping down the testing. After all, what could they possibly change at this late date, based on very recent testing? Even the cars we've seen in the last month; what could they have learned and what can they change in the production cars based on those test results?

I hope they are more secretive about their future cars and then release all information about it, once they feel comfortable with telling the public(as well as their competition).
The problem is that if they release no information until launch, the investment community will get nervous and we'll see a spate of articles about how Tesla obviously is running into problems with (fill in the blank) and will be delaying launch because there's no new information on progress and, therefore, the company is in dire straits and you'd better unload the stock before the bottom drops out. So, if they need to do future capital raises to fund their projects, they've little choice but to release some tidbits and tweets from time to time to keep them happy.

Since it's possible that production will start in less than a week, they are probably ramping down the testing. After all, what could they possibly change at this late date, based on very recent testing? Even the cars we've seen in the last month; what could they have learned and what can they change in the production cars based on those test results?
Maybe it's almost time to start a new thread called, "Tesla/SpaceX Employee Model 3 Sightings" :)

EDIT: OK, I just created the thread here: Tesla/SpaceX Employee Model 3 Photos

Last edited:
I guess that's why other companies just show absurd concept cars and don't really talk too much about their upcoming actual cars.

With Tesla we all have become kind of used to continuous info flow, but instead of just being happy with what we get, we usually over analyze everything and get so used to our own speculation, that we think that's what we are going to get.

Tesla's year long tease has made us overhype the car to an extent, that it will be hard to exceed, or in some cases even meet, expectations.

I, for one, am glad they got the no HUD non-sense out of the way

Interesting that after seeing them almost every day they take a 3 to one of the busiest Superchargers and allow someone to take all the pictures they want, then we don't see one for four days. Coincidence or something more?

There are no coincidences, things are getting close...and I think I'm pretty sure about guessing what they might be thinking about as well as the coincidence thing.;)

Being new to Tesla .... I appreciate the information and photos we have seen. Most of the "made-up" details are about battery size, range, options and other non-visual specifications.

For more than a year (2015) I read everything I could about the new 4th generation Prius. Toyota revealed absolutely nothing. Enthusiast speculated on all manner of things, and "artist conceptions" were circulated and pictured beautiful images. Then the real car was released by Toyota, and many, many enthusiast, car magazine writers and potential buyers were completely turned off .... me included.

I feel that Tesla has done things just about right. Seemingly they have conducted a lot of real-world testing; they didn't conceal the vehicle .... I'd even guess that the images propelled many (over 400,000) to put $1000 down on the 3. That is my story.

About the keycard... the Model S/X have a RFID or similar reader in the cupholder so it's more likely they would do the same with the 3. There is also one at the base of the windshield to unlock the car with a dead fob battery. It's in the owners manual.
IMG_0199.jpg

About the keycard... the Model S/X have a RFID or similar reader in the cupholder so it's more likely they would do the same with the 3. There is also one at the base of the windshield to unlock the car with a dead fob battery. It's in the owners manual.View attachment 232773

Why have a cup holder if you always have to have a key card in it. You guys realize the key card is just to get in and out of the parking lot right?