Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But now there is this...
Trump Administration May Remove Rule Forcing Electric Vehicles To Emit Noise At Low Speeds, + Rear-View Mirror Requirements

So, maybe it'll go away or be able to be deactivated. I'm just upset that if they do decide to allow side mirrors to be done away it will be too late for changes to the Model 3, at least for the first year or so probably.
I'm glad he is working on really important things like that. Guess he is running out of things to do. :rolleyes:

Different aero wheels than what we've seen before? This looks rather nice.

silver-tesla-model-3-burbank-service-center-3.jpg

-nrnRhpEU42_s7rgHJGbZtL2IWLEKJyTdBk3KWkf-G4a8BixyIHc_Vr0QXre_R07XRtO5-kCkMhK-itepF0Trc-Zw4k4_vWVFxpgR0P1MR1QvGkEW1VqytRS-QYbbc2IoDebMFk=w482-h653-no
Those look production-ready to me. Not bad when cleaned... actually better than the 18" rim underneath the cowl.

Further thoughts on the Auckland airport sighting:

4. The "it must be for Peter Thiel" conjecture -
  • You've got to be kidding (perhaps it was said in jest). If someone is going to spend $$$$$ to sling a vehicle across the world, it's certainly going to be for a car worthy of such a huge cost - a Model X or S. And who seriously thinks a Mr Thiel (or Peter Jackson, or Michael Fay, or....) would ever contemplate buying the lower-priced spread?
So my hopeful thought is that, so far, only a lucky camera-toter in NZ snagged evidence of what also MIGHT be occurring in Sydney and Melbourne and Singapore and Tokyo and Shanghai and Seoul....and Copenhagen and Oslo and London and Mexico City and......====> for all the Tesla display rooms everywhere. What a cheery contemplation!

Further thoughts on the Auckland airport sighting:

4. The "it must be for Peter Thiel" conjecture -
  • You've got to be kidding (perhaps it was said in jest). If someone is going to spend $$$$$ to sling a vehicle across the world, it's certainly going to be for a car worthy of such a huge cost - a Model X or S. And who seriously thinks a Mr Thiel (or Peter Jackson, or Michael Fay, or....) would ever contemplate buying the lower-priced spread?
So my hopeful thought is that, so far, only a lucky camera-toter in NZ snagged evidence of what also MIGHT be occurring in Sydney and Melbourne and Singapore and Tokyo and Shanghai and Seoul....and Copenhagen and Oslo and London and Mexico City and......====> for all the Tesla display rooms everywhere. What a cheery contemplation!

That would be really smart. "You want to see the new Model 3? It's right here. No, they're not available here yet. Why don't you take a test drive in this here Model S, mate? You can drive it home today."

I am wondering if all the Board members are getting a Model 3 RC to try for themselves before signing-off on first customer shipments starting...?
They guy in LA doesn't look like a typical 20/30-something engineer seen with the earlier RCs.

Maybe there is a Board member currently in New Zealand?

Or maybe it is like Franz's dad or something.

I am wondering if all the Board members are getting a Model 3 RC to try for themselves before signing-off on first customer shipments starting...?
They guy in LA doesn't look like a typical 20/30-something engineer seen with the earlier RCs.

Maybe there is a Board member currently in New Zealand?

Or maybe it is like Franz's dad or something.
He's in disguise, just like those apparent hipsters with the fake bushy black beards. :)

Or, they have an old guy testing the car's UI to validate that having just the single display is not too daunting for those of us who did not grow up having a smartphone glued to our hands. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911